Seasons

The leaves waltzed together, High up in their branches. The sun was their spotlight- each individual ray reflected upon each individual leaf. They danced and danced to music that we didn't hear; too caught up in our on devices to notice the tiny rustle of the leaves.

The wind turned harsh and the music gave way to the rumble of passing by cars. The leaves stopped dancing to fight one another. And one by one, the dead soldiers dropped to the ground like missiles; taking their hate out against us as we carelessly crushed the bones of their fallen ones.

The skies shed their icy tears for the trees- now barren of any of those tiny dancers that once inhabited them. We sent out our children out with coats and carrots to mould life out of those tears that had fallen in our backyards. Even in the beauty of all the icy tears we created war, hurling the pain of the sky at our friends, at our family- Making the skies weep furthermore. They hid the sun away from this unbearable sight and tucked her in a grey blanket to keep her warm as they cried out ice to the earth.

The skies had shed their final tears and let the sun out to try to mend this world. New life was created, the doe in the wood gave birth and tiny new leaves sprouted wearing bright green suits. We lay on the grass and smiled up at the skies, admiring the clouds and making shapes with our imagination. Everything was pure again, with a new beginning as the leaves learnt how to waltz again.