Chapter 3

This chapter is a little longer; It is a flashback. I hope you enjoy this cute memory.

xo ~ Melissa

___________________________________________________________________________

 [Flashback]

Melanie walked to Cameron’s locker after school was over.

“Hey you.” she always greeted Cameron like this.

“Hey you.” He would always reply.

They looked at each other for a second, smiling. Cameron put his bag over his shoulder and grabbed his umbrella out of his locker.

“I think it’s gonna rain” said Cameron

“No it’s not!” Justine replied.

“Okay, how do you know that?”

“How do you know it’s gonna rain?”

“It looks like it. I feel it in my boobs.” He put his hands of his chest and closed his eyes.

Cameron always made mean girl references because he knew it was one of Melanie’s favorite movies.

Melanie broke out into laughter and so did Cameron.

Melanie loved Cameron’s smile. She could look at it all day.

“Okay Karen…” she mocked, still smiling. “Trust me! It’s not gonna rain. You’re just gonna end up carrying that umbrella for no reason.”

Cameron was unsure, “trueee….. but I just think….”

Melanie rolled her eyes, snatched the umbrella out of his hand and put it in his locker.

Melanie!” Cameron yelled.

“Relax cam…” she said. Melanie then put her bag on the floor, took off her sweater and put it in his locker. She was wearing a white shirt with no tank top underneath.

“okay so if it does rain, like you said, my apology will be in the form of you seeing me soaked in this white shirt.” She smirked. Cameron was her best friend and she knew he would never get any wrong ideas.

Cameron’s eyes went big and his mouth went from a smirk to a smile. “Okay deal”

Melanie winked at him, put on her bag and turned around to walk towards the door.

Cameron grabbed her hand and turned her around so their bodies were closer than before. He kept a hold of her hand.

“But my books will get wet and that’s a big price to pay. The wet white t-shirt isn’t that good of an apology.” He smirked.

All Melanie could do was smile. She loved it when he was all flirty, even though they were just friends.

“what did you have in mind?” she whispered.

He inched closer so their noses were almost touching, “you and I…… kiss”.

Melanie’s eyebrows shot up and a surprised look came upon her face. “what….” She looked down and started to blush. She then looked into his eyes and saw a smile form on his face as he backed away and began to burst out into laughter.

“ahaha I was just kidding! Chillll…..” he said as he leaned against the locker and laughed.

Melanie had a stern expression on her face, but after seeing Cameron laugh she couldn’t help but smile.

“asshole.” She said as she pushed his shoulder; he didn’t move.

She started to walk towards the door and Cameron followed her.

Cameron and Melanie lived on the same street and their houses were not that far from each other.

They were halfway there, when suddenly they felt tiny raindrops on their foreheads.

“SHIT!” said Melanie.

“I TOLD YOU!” yelled Cameron, with a smile.

It was not pouring that hard, but they started to jog home. The rain started to get worse and before she knew it, Melanie’s white shirt was sticking to her body and was almost see through.

She stopped when she noticed it, and tried to shield her body with her hands. She had nothing to be embarrassed about; her body was the ideal body any girl wanted. But she still did not like it being exposed like this.

Cameron saw her struggle, and pulled her under a tree.

She looked away from him, her hands crossed across her chest. Cameron put his bag down and took off his sweater. He wasn’t wearing anything underneath, so when he took it off, he was shirtless. He gave the sweater to her and said, “here, wear it….. NOW!”

She smiled and felt a relief in her heart. She put it over her head, and felt much better after her body was covered.

Then she quickly realized that he was shirtless.

“oh my gosh Cameron. But you literally have no shirt on!”

“what? You don’t like my body?” he joked.

Secretly, she wanted him to be shirtless; he had the perfect body. But she didn’t want him to catch a cold over her stupid mistake. 

“don’t worry. I’ll be okay.” He answered the question that was in her mind.

The rain stopped, so they started to walk home again. When they were in front of Melanie’s house, she started to remove Cameron’s sweater.

“wait wait, what are you doing?” he asked.

“taking off your sweater…” she replied.

“so you’re planning on going in there and explaining to your mom why you are in a wet white t-shirt which makes your black bra VERY visible…”

She blushed and then smiled. He loved it when she did that. The way she looked at her feet and tried to hide her pink cheeks.

“Keep it babe.” He said, and kissed her on the forehead.

[Flashback ended]

Melanie always got the biggest smile on her face when she remembered that day. That was the day she realized that she could trust Cameron with anything. That was the day he became very special to her. That was the day he became one of her favorite people.

She sighed, tied her hair into a messy bun and made her way to the washroom.