Dream Catcher

It was a terrible day for the Kirkland household. Therese and Allan Kirkland were silently packing little Arthur's things into a small luggage bag. They were afraid that if they spoke, time would fly by sooner, but that was ridiculous. Arthur's three brothers, Allistor, Niles and Aiden, were all trying to keep Arthur distracted.

Arthur Kirkland was only at the age of 8 at the moment. He had this special ability to see all sorts of things; fairies, unicorns, mermaids, and other mythical beings. He loved them all, and they loved him back. It was a necessity in his life to always see them around him. In fact, this was a gift that was passed down to the youngest member of the family. None of his parents were the youngest in their family, so they didn't know about this.

The four siblings were quietly watching television while waiting for their parents. The others tried to hide this from Arthur, but he already knew what was going to happen to him. He was going to be sent away to a mental facility, where they would keep a close eye on him. Everybody knew him as the child who's stuck in a dream. He never stopped talking to his magical friends, even when other people were around. It didn't bother him at all because he knew he was right and they were wrong.

There was a sudden knock at the door which startled the whole family. Arthur's mother reluctantly opened the door, and unsurprisingly, it was Daniel, the man in charge of escorting Arthur safely to the facility. Arthur stood up and grabbed his stuffed teddy bear, and started walking towards the man. He told himself already not to cry, no matter what. If his parents really loved him, they wouldn't let him go this easily. Besides, his brothers were a pain in the ass anyway, they always bullied him about him being crazy.

"Oh, Arthur..." He heard his mom start sobbing as she embraced him tightly. "I'm so sorry it has to be this way, poppet..." She muttered before kissing his forehead, in between his two thick eyebrows, a true sign that he was a Kirkland. His father, meanwhile, tried to hold back his three brothers that were the only ones protesting what was happening. "No! You can't take Arthur away from us!" Aiden shouted as tears fell down from his face. "You'll have to get through us first!" Allistor stubbornly said. Niles just kept screaming at the top of his lungs.

Arthur clung onto Daniel, his new guardian. "Don't worry, we'll take good care of him, Mr. and Mrs. Kirkland. Good afternoon." He said and walked out the door. But before they were too far, Arthur was pulled back by her mother. She place something in his small hands. "Take this with you, Arthur, so that you will never forget us..." She said and ran back inside.

Arthur stared down at his hands and slowly opened them.

In his hands... was a dream catcher.