Corruption {Hoseok}

He looked blankly at the white walls around him, as if it was the only thing that keeps him sane. He had no option but to do so. What could he possibly look at? It was just a spacious white room and he sat at the middle. There was nothing new ever since he was sent to stay there probably for the rest of his miserable life.

Hoseok have always had that routine: staring at the wall, and recall what had happened in his childhood, but his thought changed this time. He was thinking of his close friend, Jimin.

'Is he okay?' Hoseok thought. He didn't know. He was too shocked to even answer.

He never thought that he would make friends in a 'medical' center. He thought that it was just a mere coincidence. Jimin was assigned as a patient diagnosed with cancer, but Hoseok knew better than to go to Hopedale for medication, even if it wasn't his choice. He knew that it was an experimenting center, but he never told Jimin. Why? If they knew that he was the one who told him, then he'd face a painful fate. He doesn't know what it was, but the continuous threat scared him.

Even if Jimin was his only friend, he was too terrified to die.

He then began to recall the first time they met:

Jimin was his roommate and close friend for a while, maybe for about 1 month and 2 weeks. Even if Hoseok hated living so much, Jimin was there to support him. He told Hoseok that he was there to help him feel better, and forget all about his traumatizing past. Hoseok felt hopeful for the first time in 18 years. He thought he found a cure for his syndrome.

He wished that he was wiser back then...

One day, he found Jimin's bed gone. It was only him, and he feared that the most. He wanted Jimin to help him further. Hoseok waited for him, but he never came back.

Why? Did he get sick of him so easily?

Hoseok's depression grew as days passed. Pills were given to him, which did nothing but drive him insane. He felt so hopeless and lost, so lost that doctors and nurses place him on a wheelchair to drag him from place to place as he stared aimlessly. No one can save him from his dark thoughts.

He felt dead.

One night as he was sitting on his usual wheelchair waiting to be dragged to his therapist by a nurse when all of a sudden he heard running and doctors yelling things like "STOP HIM," OR "GET HIM BACK!"

He looked at direction of the sound when he saw the least expected person to appear. It was Jimin himself escaping the hospital. With surprised and happy eyes, he looked at his friend, and Jimin looked back. They made eye contact for 2 seconds before he looked back in alarm and continued running.

'He's still here...'

"Get the patients to safety! Go!" The nurse directly pulled the wheelchair backwards and returned Hoseok to his usual blank room.

And that's where Hoseok is now, sitting on the cold floor.

He glanced at the clock placed on the left of the pale walls, which read "12:49"

Hoseok knew what he was up for. He'll have to take the 'placebo' they give every time the clock strikes one.

Usually, he willingly and obediently takes it, and he lets the feeling of strong migraine take him away.

Now, he isn't going to do that. He'll oppose for the first time in his stay.

Praying that the door's unlocked, Hoseok gets on his feet and walks towards it. He tries to lower the handle, and surprisingly, the door is definitely unlocked.

"Is that it?" He murmured to himself as he stepped outside.

Honestly, Hoseok didn't know what he was planning to escape. He has never thought of escaping for such a long time, but he's willing to try.

"Mr. Jung!" He heard his familiar doctor

He wasted no time and started running. A tantrum of shouts and footsteps drove him forward as he pushes other roaming people that pass him.

His heart leaped with each step he took, and the feeling of freedom made him run with determination. That feeling was one of the best things he had experienced in his life, and he hopes that it would last for a long while.

What a joke, a waste of hope...

Hoseok's running stops abruptly as two security guards caught him before he reaches the entrance. He tries to oppose, but they were bigger than he was, thus they won against him.

He let them take him away, already giving up. What was the use of escaping if he's caught with nowhere to run?

He let his mind drift, not hearing what his doctor was saying to the two strong men dragging him. He then started walking to a rather...unfamiliar place.

His full attention was on the door in front of him, covered in tape that says "Do Not Enter!" They opened the door and threw Hoseok in the dark room, shutting the door with a 'click'

He groaned, letting his eyes adjust to the dark room. He looked around him and noticed a body lying on the floor unmoving. Hoseok recognized the person and he rushed to the body.

"Jimin?! Jimin are you okay?!" He shook the cold body, then spun him to look at his dear friend's face.

That sight he just saw will scar him for the rest of his life.

Jimin's face was unrecognizable, blood spattered all over his mouth that trailed to his abdomen, and his once peachy skin had black veins all around. Jimin looked lifeless. They killed him.

And it's his fault.

He felt his hands tremble as tears threatened to escape his eyes because he knew that he was thrown out to die, trying to escape. 

His heartbeat started to slow down, and he struggled to breathe. It's trying to control him, and he's supposed to fight it back...

...but he didn't.

He fell on his side and started shaking, his silent tears escaping as his vision began to blur. Hugging himself, he let the darkness take him away.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"That must've been hard for you..." The person on the other side  trailed off, and looked at Hoseok's red eyes in sympathy.

(After 5 years, humanity found a cure to Collilin's disease and cured many people diagnosed. They found out that if the cure was used on a person that is already corrupted, it will ultimately bring him/her back to life, but that person would be diagnosed forever.

They lived in certain facilities, where they were interviewed about their past lives with an immune human.)

Hoseok could only nod, not able to speak. The man wrote something and looked at Hoseok again.

"Do you have anything to say? It can be anything."

"Is Jimin doing okay?" Hoseok asked, hoping to know of his friend.

"Park Jimin?" He asked, and Hoseok nods.

"He needs time. His emotional state is very depressing to deal with." He answered, and Hoseok's heart sank. 

"Will he be okay?"

"I don't know." He replies honestly.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook. Your time's up with patient Jung Hoseok." They both heard from the huge speakers fixed on the upper corner of the room.

"Thank you for your time Hoseok." The person, Jungkook, stood and left the room, leaving Hoseok with his own trail of thoughts.

And he began to think...