iPhone

"Good morning, Kendall," the doctor-lady said to me. I've come to know my name now, well, my first name anyway.

"Hello," I said smiling a little.

"We are going to start an exercise for you today," the doctor said. I rolled my eyes slightly and frowned at the woman. "Not physical activity, sweetie," she said taking notice of my face. "It's a mental exercise," she started ,"I will give you a new sentence to remember everyday." I kind of understood what she was trying to accomplish. She wanted me to try and regain my memory. After I processed what we were going to be doing, I smiled and nodded. "Your sentence today is going to be rather easy since you have figured this out already," the doctor started ,"remember this; my name is Kendall."

"My name is Kendall," I repeated. She smiled and I smiled back.

"This might be a little harder for you to remember, but over time it should come naturally to you because you will see me everyday. My name is Alyssa," she said nodding her head.

"Doctor Alyssa," I said aloud and started repeating it in my head. Doctor Alyssa. Doctor Alyssa. Doctor Alyssa. Okay, I got it. I think. Alyssa told me that she had to go now, but that she should see me later. She left the room and I was alone. Then I wondered something that was really important to me. More important than breathing itself. Where is my iPhone?!