On the run

After shivering in fear and my skin washing with cold bumps, I finally accepted the fact that I was doomed. It was the Duke, he was standing at the door. "Hurry before they come after you" continued the Duke. I looked at him in shock and confusion. "Why are you helping me?"

"Please, just hurry before they realize you've escaped" he said in a hurry while peeping through the half opened door. "I ask for one thing in return" he continued.

"What is that?" 

"Your forgiveness, thats all I want from you my Princess" Said the Duke looking pitiful.

I couldn't lie, I couldn't forgive him for what he had done and I didn't want to pretend as if I could. I turned around and entered the secret passage. "Thank you" I said with my back facing him and the secret door closed behind me.

It was dark, there was no source of light. But I knew the passageway like the back of my hand. I started to walk slowly struggling with the heavy load in my arms. The smell in the passageway was dust, that scent of dust rising and dissolving in the air. I felt tired already and I had about a mile to go. I could hear the rats running around making their silly little noise. It got extremely annoying at one point. "Princess, Princess" I heard a rough robotic voice roared. I gripped the cart even tighter and started to run through the darkness. I was afraid, I honestly didn't want to stay around any longer to see who that was. Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps rushing towards me, my heart began to race. In even more fear, I started to run even faster. Finally, I was out of the passage.

I was relieved to be back in the beautiful sunlight of day. I stopped hearing that strange creepy person from the passageway. I was standing at the very spot that Ariel and I played when we were young. Surrounded by wild flowers. tulips, green grass, apple trees and a small pond that sat on the other side which harboured most of the frogs. Just outside the Kingdom of Pearl was Rosebush, no one would expect me to be there. "Is the Duke going to tell the others of my location? I really need to go" I thought impatiently and flashes of Ariel that should've been here hours ago came rushing in. "Could the guards have caught her?" I thought and sadness started taking over, so I placed the carts on the ground.

"My Princess" Called Ariel from behind me. With tears of joy in my eyes I turned around and ran to her and hugged her so tight, I thought I was maybe suffocating her. "I'm so happy to see you" I said while loosening my grip on her.

Ariel chuckled and backed away. "I'm even happier to see that, you, my Princess is well." Ariel turned and looked behind her. "But we don't have a lot of time, you need to get as far away from that castle as you can."

"Why? Do they know I am here?"

"My Princess, they have sent the guards after you and they told them to bring back your head." Said Ariel sadly.

I backed away and started to cry. "What did I ever do? What?" I sobbed.

"My Princess, I'm sorry for all the misfortune but we don't have the time for this, let's go" said Ariel and she walked towards the pond that supposedly led to Rosebush's exit. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as I took the carts back up and started following her.

"As far away from this kingdom as possible" Ariel turned around and said.

After leaving Rosebush, we ended up in the Turfs which is known for its many years of shelter for very wild animals. Before we could say that we were finally far away from the Kingdom of Pearl, we had to go through Cold Valley which is a cold and drastic forest filled with thorns and brambles.