enough

3rd Person

Y/n L/n would never regret any decision more than the decision she made to go to Will Byers' house that fateful evening.

After a long game of D&D with the boys, she went home with Will. Will needed help with a school assignment, so you were going to stay the night and help him the next day.

But there was never a next day.

That night, Y/n and Will were taken by a creature, later called the Demogorgon.

Their best friends were devastated, as were their parents.

But no one missed Y/n more than Mike Wheeler.

The two had been best friends since birth, and had spent more time together than apart.

So when she mysteriously disappeared with no traces, he couldn't believe it.

~~~~

When you returned from the Upside Down, Mike noticed that you had changed. So had Will. But you seemed even more different than Will.

Even the smallest of noises made you jump, and you never talked. You had also become more distant.

He had told Nancy this, and she told Mike that; "she's been through some crazy shit. give her time."

He did. He gave her time. But she never changed.

He kept reminding himself.

"She's different now."

"Eventually she'll be back to the way she used to be."

But she never was. Instead of returning to her normal self, she became more distant.

Mike was hurting more than ever. The girl he loved was drifting further and further away.

He tried to let it slide.

"She's different now."

He kept repeating that in his head, but it never helped.

And then, he didn't see Y/n at all. As of she disappeared again. He prayed that the Demogorgon hadn't taken you again. But... the Demogorgon was gone.

After three months, he decided to go to her house and talk about it. Talk about them.

Y/n never answered the door. Her mom never answered the door.

He climbed to her window, but she wasn't there. Mike went everywhere he could think of.

But you were nowhere. He was walking home when he saw your mom's car pull into the driveway.

"Ms. L/n! Where's Y/n?"

At the mention of the girls name, the woman broke down into tears.

"Where's Y/n? What happened to her?"

Ms. L/n brought Mike inside and made him some hot chocolate.

"Ever since Y/n came back from the... place... she changed. She didn't talk anymore. And she'd been doing this strange thing with the radio."

A strange thing with a radio? Like what El could do?

"Then someone showed up here saying they needed to see Y/n. Alone. I haven't seen Y/n since."

Mike stood up, immediately knowing where the girl was.

"I know where she is. Come on let's go. We need to be quick."

~~~~

Y/n sat alone in a white room. She felt intimidated by all the people watching her, and the wires connected to her. Her hands and feet were tied.

There was a radio in front of her. She hadn't been told to do anything, but she was smart enough to know that they wanted her to do something.

So she refused. Instead, she thought about the pain she was putting people through now.

The pain her mom was going through, losing her daughter again.

The pain her friends were going through, with her changes

The pain Mike was going through...

Mike.

Y/n started crying. Now that she was in this Lab, would she ever see him again?

That question was quickly answered as the town's chief, Hopper kicked the door down. Behind him, was her mom and... Mike.

"Y/n!" Mike said, running over to hug the crying girl.

"Oh, sweetheart! What did these men do to you!"

Mike untied her from the chair, and she threw her arms around the boy. Y/n sobbed into his chest, and soon her mom had joined the hug.

~~~~

A couple of weeks after the incident, Y/n slowly began to change. Not in a bad way, this time. She was turning back into the person she used to be.

Will, Lucas, Dustin, Jonathan and Nancy were all as happy as Mike to have her back.

And now, it was Halloween. All the guys were dressed up as the Ghostbusters, while Y/n was dressed as Veronica Sawyer.

Mike couldn't help but blush as she hopped off the school bus. Everything about her was gorgeous, and Mike was falling even deeper in love with her.

"Hey guys! Love the costumes!"

All the guys complimented her costume too, which made her blush.

"Oh this old thing? It's just something me and mom threw together last... week."

"Y-you look pretty, Y/n. Not that you don't always look pretty, you just really look pretty now and- I'm sorry."

Y/n smiled softly at the boy, and kissed him on the cheek quickly.

"Don't be sorry. It was sweet."

~~~~

Mike had taken Y/n to the back of the school, where no one ever went, to talk alone.

"Y/n, uh, I'm glad you're becoming your usual self again."

Great Mike. Wonderful start to a conversation.

"Yeah, I guess I am becoming normal again. Well, normal enough."

She smiled that beautiful smile Mike had fallen in love with, and Mike couldn't stop himself.

He slammed his lips on Y/n's, and she jumped back in shock.

"Oh god, I don't know what came over me!"

"It... it doesn't matter... I kinda liked it."

And with that said, Y/n kissed Mike back. It would've been considered a perfect moment if it wasn't at the back of the school, near the bins.

But it was like anything else in their lives. No moment was ever perfect, no one was ever normal.

Everything was always... enough.

The moment was perfect enough.

And Y/n and Mike were normal enough.

And that's exactly how they would stay.

Just enough.

This is the longest imagine I've written so far and I have a hate/love relationship with it