Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Michael P.O.V

Moving from packs is hard, especially when you don't know anyone. I came from the Great Mountain pack to the Blue Waters pack to train them. I am the best pack warrior in this country. The one for this pack lost their mate and child during child birth and they needed help.

"Mr. Vegas, it's nice to finally meet you." Alpha Cane said. I nodded and shook his waiting head.

"You too, Alpha." I replied.

"Call me Cain." He said with a smile. I think I might stick to Alpha though.

"This is my Luna, Destiny. My beta Thomas, and my third in command John." Alpha Cane said. I nodded to each of them.

"So Michael, unlike most packs, we share our land with humans so no shifting in public areas. You will be training my son and daughter, as well as Thomas' and John's. We are training them to take over the pack soon." Alpha said. I nodded in response.

"Sir, what will I be doing when I'm not training the children?" I asked. I'm a working man. I like to do thing to occupy my time.

"There is a job open at the high school for a new substitute." The Luna said.

"If you want, the job is yours." Alpha said. I agreed to take it and was shown to my room in the pack house. It had a balcony with a view of the forest and its own bathroom. This was better than the one at my old pack.

~~

"The next morning when I awoke, I was lead to the school by a flirty pack member, and shown around by a horny student. She took every chance she got to flash me her cleavage and throw on a flirty smile. It was honestly annoying. I've never had that many women after me and rather not have it now.

When I entered the class I was subbing for, it was already filled. Everyone's eyes turned on me as I walked to the desk and put down my stuff, expect one pair of eyes who belonged to the sleeping student.

"My name is Michael Vegas and I'll be your sub for today." I said and wrote my name on the board. I grabbed the attendance list and started naming people. The here's and presents filled the room.

"Gwendolyn Brooks?" I called out. No one answered and just as I was going to mark the student absent, the sleeping student raised her hand. I finished calling out the names of the rest of the class members and looked over the agenda the teacher left.

The student was still sleeping and it was starting to annoy me, "Miss Brooks, I would appreciate it if you would stay awake in my class." I said to her.

"This isn't your class." She mumbled to herself. It made me angry. How dare she! My wolf tried calming me down. I could hear Gwendolyn and her classmates talking. I could also feel her glare on my back as I wrote down the assignment.

"Stop staring!" Someone whipsered, grabbing my attention. All of these high school girls need to calm their hormones.

"Sarah, shush your face. If I want to stare at perfection, I will." I heard Gwendolyn respond to her friend. Her stare was really bothering me. I couldn't figure out why, but it made my wolf restless. It was aggravating me that I couldn't figure out why. I sat at the desk, trying to work on training techniques. I could focus, because every time I heard Gwendolyn's voice, my wolf started becoming more irritating. Eventually I had enough.

"Miss Brooks! Turn around and do your work!" I yelled at her. When our eyes connected my wolf howled in my head. He clawed at my head, wanting to be let out and claim our mate. He also wanted to kill all the students around the class that we're disrespecting her.

When her friend broke our connection, I got a good look at her. She was decent, pretty in all her chubby-ness. She has spunk. My wolf was happy, he had finally found his mate. I didn't want a mate though. I need to focus on being a pack warrior and I don't have time to focus on a mate. A mate would only hold me back.

I told her to stay after class, and went to go help a student. I wasn't focused on the work, the student, or her flirtations. I was focused on how I was going to reject my mate. It's going to be difficult, but must be done.

"I, Michael Vegas reject you, Gwendolyn Brooks." I told her when class ended. The heartbreak and disappointment on her face crushed me. I almost took it back, but I had to do what I had to do. Just when I was about to apologize, her face went blank.

"Isn't it such a good thing I prepared myself for this?" She said, with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She rushed out the class to, what I'm guessing, her next class. I'm an ass.

For the rest of the day Gwendolyn was on my mind. Her scent, her eyes, her face, her body. I also couldn't get her defeated eyes out of my head. I was still thinking about her as I went to go meant up with the pups I was training.

Was is I hallucinating or is my mate standing in this field? I have to be, because I know she's not here, and definitely not trying to kill someone else.

-------------------------------------

What do you think? Comments? Isn't Michael being such a ignoramus? Stupid, Stupid Face.

Remember... COMMENT< VOTE< LIKE< SHARE< FOLLOW< ETC.

If you think no one cares.... Just know I do.