28// New Obstacles

Morning in New York. Time to wake up from bad dreams, roll out of the beds we've made, and start making plans for a brighter future.

-Gossip Girl

"Lena, you must wake up or you will be late."

At first, I thought it was all my dreams. Then I opened my eyes and remembered I came home last night because I was afraid of sleeping alone in my dorm and now Milly is standing above me.

"Breakfast is downstairs. Hurry, your political science class begins at nine." Milly says.

"How do you know that?" I ask her as I sit up from my bed. "I memorized your schedule just in case." She responds.

She leaves my room and I fall back onto the pillows. Just five more minutes.

I jump up when I hear a loud high pitched sound. Milly stands at the doorway with a blow horn in her hand. "Your pancakes are getting cold." She simply says and leaves again.

I place my hand over my chest and feel my heart beat relaxing. If my bladder was full then Milly would have a mess to clean up.

After breakfast, I took a cab to Columbia University where I arrived two minutes early for class. In the midst of class, when the professor began to bore me with his political knowledge I noticed someone. From the back of his head I could tell it's him. He cut off his somewhat long blonde hair, it's now shorter.

The last time I saw Logan was at the charity game. I haven't seen his face yet but I'm positive it's him, I can just tell.

The professor dismisses the class, I thought he was still in the middle of his discussion. I pack up my things late and I am one of the last ones out.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Logan but I do spot Nate. He's walking somewhere, into a class to be exact. He entered just before I got a chance to talk to him. We haven't spoken since yesterday night.

***
I got a text from Dan asking me if we could meet. We went to our regular hangout spot, the same old cafe. He sits across from me with a hazelnut latte.

"Are you sure you don't want coffee? You love coffee." Dan says. "I use to. That was before it almost ruined my career." I respond.

He was about to speak but I interrupt "Don't ask."

"Okay." He says.

"Well, well, well." Liam smiles as he pulls out a chair beside Dan and sits down. I roll my eyes "Whats up?." He says to Dan.

"Sup." Dan says "Stalking me now?" I ask Liam.

"Always." He responds with a smirk. I roll my eyes once again. "That was an eye roll twice in row. What did I do?" He asks.

"You've noticed you did something wrong. Good job." I respond. "Ouch. Is she always this sarcastic?" Liam asks Dan.

"All the time." Dan answers. "No offense." He adds.

"If you haven't found out yet, here's a tip. Don't eat her food otherwise she will be glaring into your soul for the rest of your life." Liam says

"Oh, I know. One time I wanted a fry, just one and she smacked my hand." Dan asserts.

"C'mon guys, I'm right here." I intervene.

"Right sorry." Dan says "I'm not." Liam mutters just as he's about to drink his coffee.

"You're a jerk." I tell Liam. "I'm aware." He says.