Chapter One~"Who's My Father?"

I woke up to the sound of my daughter walking about in the house, clearly trying her best to wake me up as it was her twelfth birthday. "You can stop stomping about now, I'm awake, I'll be with you in a moment." I yelled. I heard her laughing before her footsteps travelled down the steps. I got myself out of bed to get ready. I put on my smart uniform ready for work as a personal shopper in a department store before tidying up my wavy strawberry blonde hair. I then joined my daughter downstairs. "Happy birthday sweetheart." I smiled whilst pulling her in for a tight hug. "Thank you Mum, so... where's my present?" She winked. I rolled my eyes before getting her present from behind the television and handing it her. She ripped up the pink wrapping paper and screamed with happiness at the writing set and concert tickets for Katy Perry that I got her. "This is perfect Mum, thank you." She beamed. I kissed her on the forehead. Her smile then suddenly turned into a frown. "What's wrong?" I wondered with concern. She looked down before asking the question that I have been waiting for her to ask. "Who's my father?"

I took a deep breath. I promised her that I would tell her who her father was on her twelfth birthday, and I had come up with the answer so many times but at that very moment I found myself struggling about where to start. "Um, well... you may not believe me, but... your father is Ryan Reynolds. We met when we were 26 and we had a one night stand. And yeah..." I informed her. She looked at me surprisingly before nodding. She reminded me so much of him, the same eyes, same hair colour. "Grace, I think you need him. I promise I will do everything in my power to track him down because you need a father, you've gone without him for too long." I added. Grace hugged me tightly. "That would be amazing Mum." She admitted. I agreed and started to plan out how I'd track him down.