beginning

AN: this means authors note, there will be a bunch in these stories:) Please comment, I love to hear from you guys! TBH, whatever!

It's a year after the war.

Hogwarts has been reconstructed, and they have decided to let students who didn't finish their seventh year come back.

The Malfoys are in Azkaban, and the Dark Lord is finally dead.

I can still remember every scream, every evil cackle, every death. The Second Great Wizarding War will always be in my head.

My name is George Weasley.

My twin, brother, and best friend Fred died in that war. The person who was always there, always by my side, is no longer here.

The whole family is grieving, but they have started to forget.

I will never forget.

I lie in bed, crying. Every night, I decide to sleep in his bed. Luna has moved in, and she sleeps in my old bed. Sometimes, she wakes up from my crying and holds me.

Mum decided that I was going back to Hogwarts since Fred and I left in our sixth year to open our shop. I wish Fred was here. It was going to be strange going to a place where Fred was at my side. Everyone will see me and my depression.

Lately, I've only left my room to use the restroom and eat food. Mum provides books, hoping they help. Sometimes reading about far away lands helps me forget the reality of life.

I pick up this book called City of Bones when Luna comes in, graceful and mysterious.

AN: MWAHHHH FANDOM CROSSOVERS

"You know, George, you're going to eventually have to come out of the little hole you dug yourself. Everyone is beginning to worry less about Fred because they're worrying about YOU, GEORGE WEASLEY!"

I was getting nervous because Luna rarely yells at me. "They are?"

"Yes, Geo. Now come downstairs because I don't think anyone else besides me is willing to stay here with you."

Geo, for your information, was her nickname for me. I called her Na. We've gotten close since she moved in. No one else wants to come up here.

I shift uncomfortably off the bed and walk towards the door. I stop. I feel small, delicate arms encasing me and turn around. Luna has her head pressed into my shirt.

"C'mon George. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You choose."

She lets go and I make my way to the door.

I cross the threshold for the first time in a while.

Every step is painful. I remember things we did on the stairs, people who fell down the stairs, even when Fred and I first walked down the stairs with our luggage, ready to floo to Hogwarts for the first time.

I step into the living room, and find 11 people staring back at me.

I run back up the stairs before Luna can grab hold of me.

I slam my door and lock it quickly as I hear countless footsteps making their way to the door.