Chapter 2

Caitlin's POV

After a while, we both ran out of tears and just sat in each others arms in silence. We stayed like this for a while before Josh looked at his watch and started mumbling under his breath.

"What's wrong?" I said curiously as Josh rubbed his face and got off the bed.

"I forgot I had to meet Tyler in the studio this morning and I'm like 10 minutes late." Josh ran to his room as I just sat in the same place taking a deep breath before getting up and going to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day.

Josh ran into my room and gave me a kiss on my forehead saying goodbye and ran out of the room in a hurry. After picking a somewhat decent outfit which consisted of black vans, ripped black jeans, and a sweatshirt I made my way to the bathroom.

I turned the water on and let it heat up a little before stepping getting in. As I passed the mirror, I walked back and examined my face. I had tear streaks down my face and my eyes were all red and puffy. My shirt also had tear stains from where Josh had been crying. I stripped off my clothing and just examined myself. To me, all I saw was a person who was nothing. In the reflection of the mirror, I saw a girl who didn't know what her purpose on this earth was. That same girl hated everything about herself from the way her hair looked, to her body, everything. Her eyes were emotionless and it looked like I was staring at nothing. A single tear left my eye and I quickly walked away from the mirror getting into the shower.

I stood still holding onto myself, not knowing what to think anymore, I slid down the wall and starting sobbing, again. The water pounded on my back and all I could think about was how fucked up I really am. For years, I have been suffering from anxiety and depression. But these past couple of years it has gotten much worse, including those nightmares. As I sat here in the shower crying to myself, all I could about is wanting everything wrong with me to go away.

I got up and finished showering, trying to cleanse all my problems away. Turning off the water, I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel, walking past the mirror not looking at it. My room was a little cold since it was October and a chill ran down my back. I walked over to my bed and put my clothes on, thinking about what I was going to do with the rest of my day. Josh and I moved out from our parents house a few years ago and decided to move in together. I knew this area really well and decided I was going to go for a walk and see where I ended up. I grabbed my phone, some money, and my keys and headed out not knowing where I was going, but knowing that I needed this.

Josh's POV

I pulled into the parking lot of the studio and parked right next to Tyler's car. I looked the mirror, tears stains still slightly visible, and tried rubbing them away but just made it worse. Giving up I got out of the car and headed inside.

As I walked in I saw Tyler sitting there with his ukulele strumming random chords. I sat my keys down on the table and took a seat on the couch letting out a deep breath.

"Everything okay?" Tyler nodded at me, seeing the tear stains on my face. He stopped strumming and sat up so he could hear and see me better.

"Yeah, just a rough morning that's all." I combed my fingers through my hair and got up going over to my drums and taking a seat. I didn't think I looked that much like a mess but I guess I was wrong.

"Was it about Caitlin?" He asked slowly not trying to get me upset again. I just nodded my head and put my headphones on not wanting to talk about it anymore. Tyler is my best friend and we talk about everything but after what happened this morning I need a distraction. I picked up my drumsticks and started drumming away, trying to drum out all of my thoughts that were pilling up in my head.