The Concept of New Things

To his surprise however, the conversation was still there Friday morning. He really had a date? He would never admit to it of course but in all the romance Manga he had read he was sure that their meet had been anything but cute. The more he thought about it though that was just the first time they had talked. He had seen her in the neighborhood a few times because she frequented the frozen yogurt at the end of the street. Of course, there was his favorite memory of that skirt and those legs. At the time, it had seemed like a still frame picture made just for him, some beautiful woman standing in front of his shop. Suddenly his apartment looked awful. So he emptied the trash before he went down to open the store and planned on cleaning up tomorrow before she came over. He watched the clock all day waiting and regretting that the hands didn't move faster.

Since a card tournament had been planned that Saturday across town Stuart knew there would only be a few slackers who played some other game hanging around his store. Eleven to three that's all he had left to wait out before he'd finally see if she showed up. If she did he had no problem slamming the door shut an hour early on anyone. He had decided to have them watch an old standby Battlestar Galactica since her profile had mentioned scifi and horror. She had even written a review of the movie 'Ex machina' which she seemed to like overall. In fact, Stuart had spent all of Friday night reading through her old posts and fantasizing over her pictures. She liked a lot of everything except for maybe actual comics. Warcraft, Star Trek, Cult horror... that with an education, career and body. Let's just say Stuart was glad he they didn't fight gladiatorial battles to win a woman's hand in this day and age.

When that beautiful brown hair and legs fluttered into his store at 3:45, Stuart practically took his friend Johnny by the arm and pushed him out. The last thing he saw on Johnny's face when he flipped the sign was his eyes watching the backroom suspiciously. He may not have seen Minnie but he did know someone else had walked in. Stuart mouthed "Go Home" through the glass.

Minnie meanwhile poked around the backroom noticing which boxes were open. It looked like a few came directly shipped from Asia. She wondered how heavy a shipment full of comics was to lift. Luckily, Stuart came skirting up behind her as the front lights shut off and an alarm beeped cautiously. He motioned her to go up the stairs first to what must have been the apartment.

Stuart was sure if ever these stairs were deadly it was when he was following the most gorgeous pair of legs and butt like a Botticelli painting move in front of him. It had turned 4pm while he lost all sense of time and space being around her and watching her explore his apartment.

"We should order Pizza now if that's okay. They usually get into a rush on the weekends and it can take an hour to deliver" said Stuart grabbing a menu off of his fridge. He suddenly realized he hadn't researched what type of food she likes before the date. What if she's vegan? Oh God.

"Oh, Okay" Minnie said moving in close to stand next to Stuart and see the menu. "What do you usually get?"

Stuart meanwhile was distracted by how close she was to him again, touching his arm was one thing but almost rubbing against him, Oh God. "Meat lover's" he spat out finally.

"Oh, yeah there's a coupon for two of the same type, that's perfect." She reached for the menu so that her hand touched his again. Then she ripped off the coupon for him and put the rest of the menu back under the fridge magnet. While he pulled out his cell phone and dialed, it was a saved number. He watched her move around the large room touching this and that. She spent and especially long time at his shelf of dvd's and games which he realized had a small section of hentai at the bottom. He turned away when she got closer to it, in order to make their order. Pizza check, crushing porn humiliation check.

Minnie loved to see what things he collected for himself. You really couldn't judge him by what he kept in the store since it was meant to sell not be enjoyed personally. She was happy he was looking the other way when she came across a collection of definite personal items. Well at least she was now 100% sure he liked girls, and full breasts. She wasn't sure how big the apartment was but she saw bookshelves in another room which was open.

"Can I get you a drink? I've got Pepsi or Coke" He said, still afraid to look around.

Apparently, it was his bedroom, surprisingly he had a full/queen bed. On it were nice white clean sheets and two fluffy pillows but only one side looked used. He only had one closet and a small dresser because the rest of the room had a wall of bookshelves. Lots of old self help titles and fiction universe guides including the Star Trek one she had herself.

"Pepsi is fine" Minnie said as she around the bed for a closer look. He had forgotten to shut the door to his bedroom and was alarmed to hear her voice echo from there while he was in the kitchen.

"Oh wow, you read romance manga?" Minnie giggled. "Oh, I've seen this Anime it's good"

Stuart's hands shook as he walked the glasses of soda over to the coffee table. She was in his bedroom, and his mind exploded into thoughts about how much better his room would feel if she was there every evening.

"Yeah, I get it in bulk buys sometimes but it doesn't really sell downstairs so I just read it to pass the time". He answered.

"That's sad, it doesn't sell." she said emerging from his door.

"Just most of the guys have given up on that sort of thing and a book doesn't really make up for the real thing. I would guess." Said Stuart feeling as if he had put his foot in his mouth.

"It doesn't look like you've given up" She smiled sitting on the other end of the couch. She was in another loose t shirt and jean shorts this time. She pulled her legs up indian style and turned to face Stuart. He caught a great look at her thighs in this position. Suddenly he found himself reconsidering season one of Battlestar Galactica in favor for some horror films he couldn't help but put aside.

The doorbell downstairs finally rang with their pizza, which Stuart had instructed to come to the back door. When he met the delivery guy downstairs the man practically chuckled "You must be in for a long night gaming to need two..." and his thought sort of trailed off when he saw Minnie standing at the top of the stairs in her daisy dukes practically bouncing up and down in excitement for her meat lover's. "Oh shit" was all the man said as Stuart slammed the door in his face and turned to see Minnie smiling at him. Dear God don't let me die before I reach the top of this stairs, he thought.

The pizza was great but Minnie was surprised at how used to being alone Stuart was. It seemed like everything, even his friends were organized for him to always be at their beck and call. Half way through the second episode of Battlestar Galactica he got a message from a friend about hitting up some café for late night drinks, singles only. I watched him text busy, which the friends didn't believe. But being here on the couch with Stuart was the most comfortable date Minnie had ever had. She had been the third wheel to all her brother's dates and her friends dates and she learned quickly that she preferred unusual people.

"Let's take a picture" she grabbed Stuarts phone scooted up close and kissed him on the cheek. Sending the picture message to his friend and forwarding it to herself. There were no interruptions after.

When the Netflix stream suddenly went out Stuart shot up and practically ran to the table where he had laid out his last chance horror films. If he didn't put on something she would leave...

Meanwhile Minnie was watching Stuart fumbling across the room and wondering how he really felt about those Manga romances. He guessed? Had a woman never said she loved him or even just wanted him. She didn't understand it at all. Maybe she was just very different in what she wanted from a man?