Chapter 22: Even Asleep She's Adorable

2 hours later

Jonah's POV

We pulled into a drive way with a car in it. It was a black chevy. I looked at Felicia in confusion. "Where are we?"

"We are staying here for the next three days." She opened her door and got out. She walked to my side and took my hand. We walked to the front steps together and she knocked on the door.

"Who's house is this?" I asked.

"You'll see." Just when she was done saying that, a tall man opened the door and stepped out. He had dark hair, like mine and had dark green eyes. Those eyes looked so familiar.

The man looked at me. "Well you've grown quite a bit, haven't you?" He put his arms out. I just stood there. I looked into his eyes, as he did the same to me.

The last time I saw this face was the night he left. He walked into the living room thinking everyone was upstairs but I was still stuck on the couch, in my previous position. The night he walked out on me.

My stare quickly became a glare. "You left. You left me." I backed up a bit and almost fell backwards down the stairs. I could see Seth coming closer to us from the corner of my eye. "Forget me, you walked out on mom." I felt sorry for him. He was so pathetic that he couldn't stand up to my dad.

Felicia came towards me and pressed her small hands against my chest to keep me as far away from him as possible. I moved to the side before she could get to me though. "Jonah, please."

"No," I said in a demanding tone. "He ruined my life."

"Jonah, you don't mean that." She came close to me, but being sure to keep some distance between us. I'm pretty sure she was scared that I was going to hurt her.

"Jonah, why don't you go for now. Go cool down, go for a walk, okay?" Seth stepped towards me and put a hand on my shoulder to direct me towards the end of the driveway.

As I walked away I could hear Felicia saying, "I thought he would be happy. I thought it would be a nice surprise. I ruined his birthday." I heard a sob and then it became muffled. I imagined Seth pulling her into his arms. I heard a screen door close and then I was too far down the road to hear anything else.

How could he just think everything would be alright between us. I don't blame Felicia. I didn't exactly tell her everything about our past, but he should have known better. I mean she must have talked to him to figure this whole trip out. He couldn't have seriously thought that we would be fine. Maybe he wants to ruin my life more. Or maybe he wants to ruin all of the good things that come my way. Like Felicia. Like her family. I bet he wants me to get mad at Felicia and ruin our relationship. But Andrew wouldn't do that, would he?

I heard a car pull up behind me and the door open and close. The car pulled away and as it went past me, I saw a sliver of dark, long, reddish brown hair. When I heard the faint whisper of my name, I knew who it was.

"Jonah?" I felt a small hand wrap around mine. "Are you mad at me?"

"No," I looked down at Felicia in a are-you-serious way. "I'm mad at him. He should have known that I wasn't going to be very happy seeing him right off the bat." I leaned into her and kissed the top of her head for reassurance. "I'm not mad at you, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you the whole story about me and him."

"What is the whole story?"

I got quiet as I ran everything That just happened, through my head. My feet stomped on the dirty slush on he sidewalk. "Maybe some other time, okay?"

I looked down at her. She nodded her head in an understanding way, "Okay." I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. She smiled at me and stopped walking. "You know what would make you feel better?"