Blue

Keith's POV

"Okay, so what just happened?" I ask.  Lance blushes a bright blue and scratches the back of his head.

"Is it really not that obvious, Keith?" He asks, cocking his head to the right.  I shrug as I continue staring at his now red lips, that contrast amazingly against his blue  skin.

"Here I'll just show you, give me your hand," He says, holding out his blue hand.  I look at his hand and take a deep breath.  I take his hand.  Instantly, our hands change color, purple at first, but then settling on the opposite color of the two boys' skin.  Keith's hand is now blue and Lance's red.  He blushes again for what seems like the billionth time and I can feel my neck heating up.

"Oh," I whisper.  Lance nods and rubs the back of his neck. "How was school today, I mean you showed up with the red on your arms and-" I begin.

"Keith don't worry, I was fine, but there were a lot of disappointed faces everywhere and everyone kept talking about me, and it fucking sucked," He says.  Lance runs his now red hand through his blue hair.  Shit. That reminds me about my friends.

"I'll be back here in a second," I say as I sprint to get my phone.  Sure enough I have a billion texts on our groupchat.

GroupChat 4:30 p.m.

Pidgeon- KEITHY BOY, YOUR BLUE BOI HAS FOUND HIS SOULMATE HE HAS RED ON HIS ARMS AND JESUS THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT

Pidgeon- ALSO WHERE WERE YOU TODAY DID YOU KNOW?

Space Dad- Pidge calm down, its gonna happen to you eventually and to Hunk and Keith

Hunky Monkey- Pidge you need Jesus it's not our business but I did hear Jennifer, that red girl, say she was gonna fight whoever it is

Queef- woah O-kay

Pidgeon- YOURE ALIVE OMG DO YOU KNOW WHO LANCE'S SOULMATE IS?

Queef- Uh......I can send you a picture.

I walk back to Lance, who is sitting on the couch and I sit next to him. "Pidge wants to know and so does literally everyone," I say blushing.  He makes the Okay so we take a picture of our hands that changed colors.

Queef sent a picture.

Pidgeon- HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Space Dad- PIDGE language actually i dont give a damn anymore but JESUS Keith really?

Hunky Monkey- wow okay go Keith

Queef- I've got to go. DONT TELL ANYONE!

Queef- Please(Lance)

Pidgeon- HI LANCEy BOi

Queef- bye Pidge

Queef Left the chatroom 4:45 p.m.

I look up from my phone and see Lance staring at my probably blue lips.

"Can I..um..Try something?" He asks scooting closer.  I nod and his lips meet mine.  Soft at first, but then his kisses grow hungrier.  His hand is on my cheek and my hand is on the back of his neck, softly pulling his blue hair.  My eyes are closed, but curiosity gets the best of me and I open them.  I'm met with his bright blue eyes and he laughs, pulling away.

"So," I begin.  I chuckle nervously and rub my blue and my red hand together.

"You're pretty," He says, smiling.  I smile back at him.  We both burst out laughing uncontrolably.

"Well, you're beautiful, wanna know something?" I start. He nods. "I've liked you for awhile, I mean when I ran into you on the first day of school, you were so friendly, I felt helpless and I thought I could never have anyone like you, as soon as you went away, I was beat up for being gay by whoever that guy was and then your sister hit on me, it was weird by the way. And. And." here we go.  The tears start rolling. " I was raped by the same guy that used to beat me up everyday, he broke into my house and he, nevermind, then you came over and made things sorta better and then I discovered some blue on me and-" I was cut off.

"Dios Mio, yo voy a matar ese hijo de puta, sorry, I had no idea, we are going to the police and you can't stop me, I will cut a bitch if I have to," He says, wiping away my tears, leaving blue streaks underneath my eyes.

I smile at him, why is he so great, what did I do to deserve him?  I've never loved a human so much.  I didn't even know it was possible.

~ time skip to school the next day ~

oh my god.

He has a soulmate too.

First Lance, now Keith.

You don't like think they're soulmates.

Ew, no Lance isn't gay.

Is he though?

What a coincidence.

The whispers are worse than I thought.  The stares are worse though.  I'm sitting in math and finally the bell rings.  I stand up and as I walk to exit the classroom, I get tripped.

"Who's the lucky fag, Kogane?" It's Jennifer.  I huff and walk away while she laughs.  I walk to my locker and Pidge, Hunk, and Shiro are there waiting.  I open my locker and everyone stops because they notice a giant crowd around someone.

Who's the lucky girl?

Is it someone in the school?

MAYBE ITS JENNY

Nah, she's a loser too unpopular.

Maybe its a dude.

Shut up!

Maybe it's that gay dude Kai or Keith or whatever.

NO!

WHAT IF ITS JENNIFER?

Nah, she already said she was gonna kill whoever it is

Woah, she will not touch my soulmate.

It's definetly Lance.  I shut my locker and tense up as I feel a pair of arms around my waist.

"Hey babe," I blush a bright red because I recognise the voice.  I look around and I'm faced with Lance and a bunch of gasping teenagers.  I smile and wave at him as he let's go of my waist.

I'm still blushing because everyone in the hallway is staring.  I cough and everyone moves along.  "What's with the pet name, you've literally never called me that," I say as Lance is still laughing over everyone's reaction.

"Sorry, it kinda just slipped out,  I loved their reactions though," He says, calming down and giving me a quick kiss.

"PDA!" yells Pidge while acting shocked.  Everyone gasps and looks our way.

"Katie Fucking Holt, shut you face before I shut it for you," I say though gritted teeth.  She shrugs and laughs as I gently shove her.  But she stops as she looks at the tense Shiro.  She mouths to me, DO NOT SAY HOLT OR MATT TO SHIRO, ILL TEXT YOU LATER AND SPILL THE TEA. I nod.

"I'll see you guys around!" Lance says, jogging off, his legs thriving in his basketball shorts.  Pidgen sighs and rolls her eyes.  Hunk walks away waving, while talking to Shiro about something. 

"Come on lovesick weirdo," Pidge says, walking toward our next class, Soulmates, a class taught by soulmates.

~Time skip 2 weeks later to the weekend~

I can't believe Shiro was lied to.  Shiro's soulmate was never that pink fuckgirl.  Jesus Christ, Matt why didn't you say anything? You already knew.  Why'd you leave?

"Are you okay, Babe?" Lance asks, looking up at me because he's laying on my lap.  I nod and he smiles.  I lean down and kiss him.  I pull away and he smiles again.  We both go back to watching our movie.

When the movie is over, Lance is really tired.  He can barely walk, so I have to help him up the stairs to my bedroom.  When we get close to the bed, he colapses onto it.  I walk to the bathroom and look at myself.  There is blue literally everywhere, Lance is so amazed by the way soulmates work.  I brush my teeth and wash my face.  I walk back to my room and lie down next to Lance.  I turn off my lamp and Lance instantly moves closer.  I fall into a deep sleep.

Everything is blue.

1343 words

~JD