Chapter twelve- SWITCH AROUND

A week had gone by without any sort of change from Joey. He was still ignoring you, and you were still feeling horrible.

It was lunchtime one day, and you were walking to the bathroom to get away from your sad thoughts about Joey and just spend time by yourself in the silence.

And of course, you were walking the hallways, and you saw Joey.

You were the only two in the hallway.

He stopped and stared at you.

"Y/n?" he said.

"Joey," you replied, and felt a lump in your throat form.

He looked really, really sad.

"Why are you ignoring me?" you ask sadly, as you hear the sadness in your voice.

"You're ignoring me," he responded coldly, but you could also hear the sadness in his voice too.

"No I'm not," you say, feeling hot tears come to your eyes, shaking your head.

"Y/n, you flirted all day last week with Charles and Mark... and just when we had spent all that time together," he says sadly.

"I didn't mean to," you say, as a tear falls down your face.

"You know what's made me really sad?" he says, as you see the tears forming in his eyes, "I would do anything to make you laugh. I tried so hard to make you comfortable around me. I would be willing to take you anywhere you asked, I took you on dates that I really, really enjoyed. You made me happy. If you asked me to buy you anything, I would get it for you. And you spend one cooking class with some other guy and you forget about me."

You start crying, tears falling down your face, as you see Joey cry in-front of you.

"I'm sorry for being a jealous boyfriend that loved you more than anything in the world," he says, then walks away, leaving you bawling your eyes out in a school hallway.

****

You sat at home all day on Saturday, not knowing what to do. You've spend every single Saturday with Joey since meeting him, and now you don't know what to do.

And you haven't heard from Joey at all. You missed him so much, and the thought of him brought tears to your eyes and brought a massive lump to your throat.

You loved Joey.

And you wished more than anything in the world that one day he would know how much you missed and loved him.