Without A Care In The World

Scissor, check. Packet of evidence, check. A change of clothes and spare shoes, check and check. I zipped my bag shut and shrugged my hoodie off. I got up and stuffed it into my bag on my back. I was hidden in the shadows of the dark valley. It wasn't really a valley though. Just a little space for the dumpsters to stay besides the high building stacked with apartments.

I got out of there and walked towards the mini parking lot made at the ground floor of the building. It wasn't hard finding the staircase. I started up. On the first floor, the elevator was there. Someone just came out and the doors opened revealing an old lady. Ignoring her, I headed up the stairs.

Once I reached my floor, the third floor, I headed to room 305. The door was a bit open. I smiled. As expected. She must be looking after the cat, whose owner I just met as she exited the elevator.

I invited myself in happily. She was nowhere to be found. I heard a cat calling. It came from the right. I walked to the doorway to my right and with my back against the wall, I peeked inside.

There she was, opening a can of cat food. The cat was rubbing it's side against her leg. I reached into my bag and got out the scissors. Gripping it tightly in my gloved hand, I held it behind my back and stepped into view.

She looked up and smiled. "I'm guessing I left the door open." She shook her head as if she did the silliest thing. "I'll be right with you once I feed this lil fella." She gestured to the cat who was now staring at me. I smiled.

She took out a bowl and started spooning the cat food out of the can. As she did so, I walked to her and keeping my eyes on one spot, and one spot only, gripped my scissor and stabbed her in her neck, right where it connects to the shoulder.

With the force that I stabbed, the scissor sunk deep in. The cat screeched and I felt it run past my legs, probably out of the apartment. I pulled the scissor out halfway through and for good measure, opened it and cut whatever was in the way inside. Soon, the body went limp and fell into a heap on the floor, bleeding everywhere.

I washed my gloved hands and tried to get the blood off of my shoes as much as I could from the sink. Once I was done I got into my spare shoes and I changed right there in the kitchen into the change of clothes I had, making sure nothing had blood on it. I stuffed my bloodied clothes and shoes into a plastic bag. I pulled my hoodie on and took out the packet I brought with me. It had two strands of hair in it. I threw it into the blood splattered on the floor.

Pulling my bag onto my back, I walked out of the kitchen. The cat wasn't in sight anywhere. It probably ran off to it's apartment, if the door is open. I didn't bother closing any doors or doing anything as I quietly made me way out and went down the stairs. I left the building and walked away without a care in the world.