Serial Killer

At the crime scene

Officer Kevin stood in the middle of the room. The room didn't show anything out of place except a broken glass beside the bed. She lay there peacefully as if she had been sleeping.

"Sir, we've taken the photos we need to. Should I ask her to be taken away?" One of the boys who worked under him asked. Kevin nodded, and dismissed him with a wave. The body was placed onto a stretcher and taken out of the room. Kevin wanted the forensic reports on her as soon as possible.

It was bizarre. The girl's lips were sewed shut. And it looked as if she had shown no signs of restrain while whoever it was did it. The best guess was that she was drugged.

Kevin glanced at the broken glass. Carefully, he took the pieces with a gloved hand, put them inside a zip lock bag and motioned for someone. "Keep these with the rest of the evidence." He nodded.

Kevin walked to the window and looked at the window frame, the hinges, and the glass. Nothing out of the ordinary was to be seen. He had checked the bedroom door twice already. No sign of forced entry. He was about to inspect the bed now that the body didn't lay there when his phone rang. From the way his face darkened, the news he got wasn't pleasant.

"Joe, take over here." He tells the boy who questioned him earlier. "We've got another one. I'm heading there now." Kevin tells him and gets out of the room.

It didn't take long for the officer to reach his destination. There were a lot of people there already. When he got out of his vehicle his chief was already there. The two went into the house. In the living room the family sat, some shocked, some crying. If the whole family was here, it must look bad.

Chief led Kevin up the staircase into a bedroom. Kevin's eyebrows shot up seeing the scenery in front of him. Blood soaked sheets, the boy's wrists and ankles were tied to the bed. There was blood out of his mouth through a cloth and his throat was slashed.

"Same school. They probably knew each other too." Chief explained. "He hadn't gone down to leave for school and the mother found him like this." Kevin nodded. It was the same case with the girl. "You think this could be a serial killer?" Chief asked and Kevin thought for a bit. "Maybe. If they were close, it could be revenge. What are they, seventeen?" Chief nodded at his question. "Damn."

When Kevin got the name of the school the two went to, his mind went back to the suicide case he took this month of some Sam kid. This was the same school he was in. As far as he remembered his two sisters went to the same school.

Three kids from the same school couldn't be just a coincidence could it? Officer Kevin couldn't help but wonder whether the suicide was a cover up for a murder. He decided he'll have to talk to some of the students in their grades.

At the school

"I'm alright." Riley mumbled quietly. Her homeroom teacher sighed as she looked at her two students. She didn't know how to handle the situation. They had just lost their brother not long back, and now, even their father.

"Well if you need anyone to talk to, remember that I'm here. The school's counsellor is also available and I can guarantee the service isn't so bad." She went on.

"We'll keep that in mind. Can we go to class? I wouldn't want to be late." Zoe spoke up. The teacher nodded and the two girls walked out.

As soon as they stepped out, they saw the same officer that was there at their house the other day. Giving them the news that the drunk person who cause their father's accident had been bailed out.