FBI

Linda's house.

Kevin and his officers drove fast to the twin's house. When they got there, the twins were crying on their front yard. A few steps away from them was their mother, lying flat on the snow. A few neighbours were surrounding the girls trying to give them support. Kevin couldn't understand how they could have this happened to them. Their whole family was gone now.

"What happened?" he asked the girls as he came up to them. One looked up. "Zoe found her like this. A while ago." She sniffed. "She saw her through the window and screamed." Kevin glanced at her sister. Zoe was staring straight ahead her eyes unblinking but tears still fell down her cheeks.

"I came down then and saw what she was staring at. She hasn't really said anything... I came out here and checked to realize that... that she's..." Riley cried out again. Kevin knew it would take time for him to get anything else out of her. Or her sister.

He looked around to see one of his officers taking photos of the body and the other checking her skin for any wounds or marks. One was inside the house and the other was checking out the front yard.

"Kevin!" the one near the bushes called out as he was staring at the beautiful woman who lay on the snow like an angel.

"We've got another some blood in here." The officer said, pushing away some of the leaves in a bush and showing. Kevin looked closely and saw that he was right. And from the bush was a trail on the snow that looked like something was dragged away. It ended at the end of the pavement. He told the officer to get some samples and walked over to Linda's body.

"What have you found?" He asked his officers who gave him a confused look. "She seems like she was frozen to death." Kevin rose an eyebrow. "Hey body temperature is extremely low. There's no wounds on her body. She wasn't poisoned. At least it doesn't show from outside. I don't think I can tell unless we take her in for some testing." The officer explained.

"We got some blood samples so have them cross checked. It would belong to either her or the killer himself." Kevin explained and glanced at the girls. They were getting nowhere with this.

After asking the neighbours around them he found out no one heard anything. He wasn't surprised. The closest house was empty too. He was even murdered. And for a block and half or so, there were no houses. It would be completely dead here.

Later that day at the station he stared at the reports in front of him. The blood from the bushes doesn't match Linda's so that wasn't hers. It could be the killer's blood, but, from the DNA cross checking, they found out that the hair samples from the teacher's house matched Harry. It was a long shot but even the foot size even matched his.

We all knew what that meant. But the confusion was that the blood doesn't match Harry.

It either meant that this was someone else's work, or there was someone else there when this happened. A witness that we needed to look for. If he was in the bushes, it's likely the guy would have heard him. That meant he was in danger. Or was already taken down.

Kevin brought in an officer and repeated all that was on his mind and he nodded in understanding. "So we should be looking for another body?" Kevin nodded. "Possibility so yes. I feel like something doesn't match. Our guy usually makes a show of what he does. He leaves things that would help us find him but he makes sure we can't get to him. This time though, with Linda it's different. And if there is another body, why hide it? He usually keeps them the way it they are. He never bothers disposing the body."

Kevin stopped to look at the officer. "Let's go check out the rivers closest to us."

Priest's house

Housekeeper Mary knocked on the door again. She has been waiting for a long time now. Almost half an hour. She started to get worried and went around the back. She had already tried the back door, it was also locked.

She walked around checking under the pots and of the plants arranged against the wall of the house. Under the last pot on the right she found a key. Grabbing it Mary hurried toward the door and unlocked.

Inside, it was completely silent. Maybe he already left to the church. He usually lets her know if he was leaving early. He could have forgotten. Everything was as if it was a normal day but Mary had a bad feeling inside her chest. Just for the sake of her reassurance, she left her bag on the sofa and went up the stairs.

His bedroom door was open. That made her pause in her tracks. He never leaves the door open. Any door. He had something against that and now Mary knew something was wrong. She slowly made her way to the room and peeked inside. Her breath stopped in her chest at the sight she saw. She hurried back downstairs and grabbed her bag.

Mary got her phone out and called the police.

At the station

Kevin was trying to calm the woman from the other day again. The one whose husband went missing. He had made sure there was a report and they were working on it himself. She was back again today and he was trying to get her to stop cursing in the station and creating a ruckus.

He was pissed off. He was about to get out to go check out the nearest river with his officers. But then he found this woman barging in. And because he was the one who talked to her the other day, she wouldn't talk to anyone else. He was stuck doing just that when he heard the phone insdie his office ringing.

He glanced to the side and saw his Chief telling him to wait as he went inside to answer it for him.

"Please, wait. Be patient. We're trying our best ma'am and I don't know if you've heard but there's a killer out there and that's our first priority right now." Kevin tried explaining. "So do you think my husband is killed now?! He better be as good as alive when you find him he's got my money with him!" The woman snapped and Kevin just wanted to bang his head on the wall. "Useless drunk bastard, spending our money. My money on nothing but alcohol and shit." She muttered.

Kevin shook his head. He then noticed Chief standing outside his office with an angry frown on his face. He motioned for Kevin to come inside. After excusing himself he followed him inside his office.

"What was the call about?" Kevin wanted to know. "I don't think you'd like to know what it was about. But you're the one on the case so you must." He sighed. Kevin wanted to break something. "Another?" He asked hesitantly and chief nodded. He cursed. "And I've got worse news for you Kevin. The case is being taken from you." Chief said which made him freeze.

"It isn't under me either now. The FBI has gotten control now. The case is going under them." He explained. Kevin took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

The silence was interrupted when Kevin's phone rang again. Kevin glanced at the chief again and answered it.

"You were right. We found a body inside a bag, tied with rocks in the river." Kevin had to sit down after hearing it. "Shit, shit, shit... SHIT!" He tried to calm himself down and told his officers to bring the body in for forensic tests and gather any evidence around.

Harry wasn't the killer. So how his DNA matched with the hair strands found in the blood was another mystery to be solved. When we asked him why he did it, he kept arguing he wasn't a killer. There was a high possibility someone was framing him then.

But now that the case was handed over to the FBI he couldn't do anything about it unless he was going to work against his chief's instructions and try to find things out without anyone realizing.