The Green Monster

Stephanie was happy to come home to her grandpa up and around. He was himself as usual, it was like he was never gone. Except the fact that he commented he left a little girl behind and came back to a grown woman.
The only problem, Grandpa didn't like Scud, it was odvious. It was also odvious Scud wasn't too fond of her grandpa either. This made Stephanie sad, considering she loved them both. Her grandpa would always tell her she shouldn't be hanging out so much alone with Scud. Her dad was no help, he didn't say anything to support her. He just let her grandpa talk
Tonight, wasn't any different latley, as Scud and her grandpa argued. Stephanie sighed as she came down the stairs. She sat on her stewl  and waited. The arguing didn't stop, as Scud got her a cup of coffee and brought I to her.
"What's in it?" She asked not recognizing the creamer. He smiled big at her.
"Try it," he smiled, lowly.
"Are you even listening ya little punk?!" Her grandpa yelled. Scud rolled his eyes.
"Yeah old man, I hear ya," he growled. Stephanie sighed.
"Are you two ever going to get along?" She asked taking a sip, of the chocolaty deliciousness. "Ohh god, that tast like heaven!" She said smiling at Scud. Scud chuckled at her.
"Your welcome," he said, still smiling. "And when your grandfather gets the stick out of his ass. Maybe we will get alone," Scud growled, loud enough to start another argument.
"You little fuckin shit!" He growled. Stephanie sighed.
"Stop!" She yelled. "God,  your on the same fuckin team! Shut up and don't talk to each other!" She growled, annoyed with all the fighting.
"Stephanie," her father said. She looked at him.
"Seriously?! I know you arn't yelling at me for getting them to stop arguing!" She growled. He father sighed.
"We all need to adjust here, but Stephanie does have a point," he said looking at Scud and then to the old man.
"Fine," Scud muttered. Stephanie took a breath and looked up at her dad.
"So while we are still arguing," Stephanie started. "Julia and I were talking about getting jobs and getting a place together," She said lowly not looking at anyone. This time they all agreed, but it wasn't in Stephanie's favor.
"Absolutely not!" Her grandfather said.
"What the hell ya need a job for?" Scud growled.
"Stephanie," her father growled. She sighed.
"Glad you guys finnaly agreed on something," she muttered.
"Stephanie it's not safe for you to be out working," Blade said sturnley.
"I'd work days," she said. Scud eyed here.
"And where are you thinking about working ?" Scud questioned. Stephanie looked up at him annoyed.
"The bar and grill restraunt is hiring," she said lowly.
"Ocyrus's?!" Scud growled. She looked up at him, annoyed.
"Yes," she said, not bothering to hide her annoyance.
"Ohh hell no! The scum that hangs out there during the day is worse then the scum that shows up at night!" Scud growled. Stephanie rolled her eyes.
"Well that settles it. The punk ass kid has a point, we don't need anymore trash hanging around here," her grandfather yelled. Stephanie sighed.
"What am I supose to do for cash?" She asked annoyed with both of them.
"Stephanie, what is the new urgency about needing to have a job and move?" Her dad asked. Stephanie sighed and tried to remain calm.
"It's kinda normal thing to do. Grow up move out, get a job," She tried to breath. Blade nodded.
"So move in with me, and I'll make sure you have the extra money you want," Scud said.  Stephanie shoo her head.
"We said we wanted less garbage hanging around," her grandfather yelled from the other side of the room. Scud opend his mouth to talk.
"See!" Stephanie yelled at her father. Blade nodded.
"Enough," he said. "Stephanie you live here, and no bars," he said putting on his jacket. "Now, we are leaving," he said. Stephanie growled, as she pulled put her phone to text Julia.
"Alright, just let me give you the cash you want. Besides you pretty much live with me anyways," Scud said opening his wallet. Stephanie glared up at him.
"We aren't dating, we aren't married. Why do you want to support me?" She asked. Scud shrugged.
"How much do you need?" He asked. She shook her head. "Here he said shoving his waller at her. Stephanie couldn't help but smile.
"Ohh cash. Social Security card," she said going threw his wallet. She pulled out a condom. "Umm, eww," she said dropping it on the table. Scud chuckled.
"It's clean!" He said, picking it up and looking at it. "Expired, that's never happend," he chuckled as he walked to the trash. She looked up at him.
"I spend almost every day and night with you. Do you even see girls anymore?" She asked, she didn't know if she wanted to know the truth, but at the same time she did. Scud smiled at her.
"No, haven't in almost six months," he kinda smiled at her. She pulled her eyebrows together wanting to say something, but was stopped by the alarm. Scud rushed to the computer to check things out. Stephanie came behind him to see what was going on.
"What do you want me to do?" She asked. Scud was quite as he looked at the screen.
"There just standing there," he said looking at the outside monitor. Stephanie looked closer, she recognized the vampire infront.
"I know him," she said, as she headed out to talk to them.
"Hey!" Scud yelled after her and caught her arm. "No! They could hurt you! We will call your dad, and he can deal with them," he whispered in a growle. She shook her head at him annoyed.
"Fine," she said. Scud pulled out his phone and Stephanie slipped away. She opend the door and heard Scud yelling again.
"Daywalker," the vampire greeted.
"Stephanie," she answered crossing her arms, the air was cold. He nodded.
"Pardon, Stephanie, we have been sent to check on your safety," he said officially. She shrugged at him.
"I'm fine," she answered as Scud came out
"The hell are you doing?! He growled at her trying to pull her back inside. Stephanie sighed at him.
"Scud this is," she stopped "What is your name?" She asked, the other vampire smiled at her.
"My name is Cornelius. Don't worry we mean your mate no harm," he said. Stephanie blushed vigorously.
"I told you we are not mates!" She yelled. Scud smiled at her.
"My mate?" He asked amused.
"Shut up you pervert!" She yelled. Scud chuckled at her.
"Stephanie!" Blade yelled as he stood between her and the other vampire's. "What do you want?!" He growled at them. Cornelius put his hands up.
"We are just checking on Stephanie's safety," he said lowly. Blade looked back her and then turned back to Cornelius.
"Why? Who sent you?" He growled.
"That's not important right now. We came, she's fine. We will leave. No harm done," he said as he turned to leave.
"You tell who ever is watching my daughter to leave her alone!" Blade growled. Stephanie had never seen her dad so upset. Cornelius turned and nodded once, then left. Blade turned back to Stephanie.
"Dad, I'm fine," she said. She could read his face.
"Inside," he said calm again. She sighed and walked in. Once inside Blade's calm aditude changed.
"What were you thinking?! Just because they didn't hurt you the first time doesn't mean that they wont! You need to use your head, and you want to move out?!" He snapped. Stephanie just sat in silance.
"Dad, I'm fine," she said. He growled.
"This time! Stephanie you need to listen. It's not safe out there for you. You know scared I was when they took your grandfather?! He's been at this longer then both of us! You couldn't imagine how I would feel if anything happend to you!" Blade yelled. Stephanie stopped and looked at him he was right. Blood or not he had raised her from an infant.
"I'm sorry dad," she said lowly and hugged him. He squeezed her tightly.
"I know you've been training and your stronger, but please don't go in to anything blind," he said defeated sounding. Stephanie looked up at him and nodded.
"Alright," she agreed. Blade let go of her and nodded behind her.
"You owe Scud an apology too," he said lowly. She smiled and headed to find him. Scud was at the table trying to fix soemthing and muttering under his breath. Stephanie hugged him from behind.
"I'm sorry," he said in to his back. He turned and pulled her back in to his arms.
"I never want anything to happen to you," he said lowly in to her hair. She smiled as she looked up at him.
"You'll protect me," she smiled. Scud scoffed at her.
"I'm the biggest wimp there is," he laughed. Stephanie smiled at him.
"Ok, you watch my back, I'll watch yours," she said with a smile. He raised an eyebrow at her.
"I'll watch that ass," he chuckled. Stephanie giggled, but slapped him playfully.
"Stop being a pervert!" Sh exclaimed. Scud chuckled and smiled slyly at her.
"I haven't been laid in months!" He growled lowly. She looked at him confused and suprised.
"That's got nothing to do with me!" She laughed. Scud smiled down at her.
"Mmmh could be. I remember the last time you smoked, you were very frisky," he chuckled leaning in to her. Stephanie bit her lip and blush.
"What are you two doing?" Her grandfather yelled. Stephanie sighed as she pulled out of Scud's arms.
"Just talking," she said. He eyed Scud.
"You trying to cop a feel on my grand daughter?" He growled at Scud.
"You know what old man.." Scud started
"Scud!" Blade growled. Scud stalked away. "Stephanie's a good kid, she knows better then to mess with Scud. And Scud knows better. He likes living," Blade reassured him. Stephanie growled lowly.
"First off, I'm eighteen! If I wanna sleep with anyone, that's my business! Second what is your problem with Scud?" She growled at her grandfather.  He looked at her.
"Little girl, I don't know when you lost all your manners, but let me tell you something. As long as you live here, you will obey the rules," he snapped at her. Stephanie looked at her dad.
"This is why I need a job!" She yelled. Blade put up his hands.
"Alright, alright. Stephanie your not moving out. She is eighteen," he said turning to the old man.  Stephanie looked at the time, it was almost six in the morning. She turned to Scud.
"I'm going to pack clothes," she growled. Scud nodded at her.
"Stephanie," her father said. She turned back ready to jump down his throat. He said nothing as they walked up stairs. "I know this isn't ideal, but your grandfather wants what's best for you. He's not as young as he use to be either.  You need to calm down, and start showing him some respect," Blade said keeping his voice level.  Stephanie sighed.
"I'm sorry. I don't know I'm just edgy lately," it was true, once she turned eighteen,  she was so emotional. Her father nodded.
"I've noticed. Are you and Scud.." he stopped and eyed her. She looked at him mortified.
"Dad!" She yelled, blushing vigorously.
"Never mind, I don't want to know. If you are just be careful," he said as he jetted out the door. Stephanie stood there stunned and slammed the door behind him.  She couldn't believe he had just asked her that.
She shook the thought from her head as she grabbed clothes. Stephanie hadn't showered at Scud's yet, but she didn't see the harm in it. There was a unsaid rule about staying in the living room when either one was in the bathroom.  Stephanie decied to grab her stuff for a shower and headed back down stairs.
"Here," she said throwing Scud one of his sweaters. He asked and looked at her wearing the other.
"I'm not spraying them anymore," he chuckled. Stephanie smiled at him.
"I know where your room is," she laughed. Scud smiled at her.
"Yeah, there's not much to my apartment," he laughed. She giggled.
"Yeah so finding your cologne will be easy," she laughed. Scud smiled and shook his head.
"Come on," he laughed as they headed out to the van. Stephanie thew her stuff in the back.
"What's up with the pillow and blanket?" He asked. She shrugged with a smile.
"I spend almost every day at your place, might as well bring some stuff," she said. Scud looked at her a moment.
"Don't like my stuff?" He asked, sounding hurt. Stephanie pulled her eyebrows together and looked at him.
"What? No, I just figured, maybe you'd like to sleep in your own bed at some point. Besides, I can never have enough blankets," she smiled. They pulled up to his apartment and Scud smiled at her, as he helped her bring her stuff in. She curled up on the couch once they were inside.
"I don't sleep in my bed much, to big, kinda lonely," he shrugged.  She thew him a look.
"If that's a line to get me in to bed with you, it's not working," she said shaking her head. Scud smiled, but shook his.
"No, really, I come home all the time and pass out on the couch," he said. Stephanie smiled at him.
"Its ok, I don't mind the company," she smiled. Scud just smiled at her, as he staired at her. She waited for him to say something. He didn't, she looked anywhere but at him, blushing vigorously.
"What are you looking at?" She asked seriously wondering why he was staring at her. Scud smiled bigger.
"Sorry, I'm just tired," he said, a slight blush  coming over his cheeks. Stephanie looked at him intently, she new him long enough to know when he was lying.
"Seriously?" She asked softer. He smiled and walked over to her.
"Seriously, just lost in thoughts," he said. Stephanie looked up at him.
"What kind?" She asked dreamily, looking in to his eyes always made her heart ment. Scud chuckled.
"Dirty one's," he laughed. Stephanie shook her head.
"About?" She asked. Scud looked away. Stephanie's heart broke, of course they weren't about her. She wasn't anything special. She bit her lip. "What's she like?" Stephanie asked lowly, trying not to sound sad.
"Who?" He asked confused. She smiled at him sadly.
"The girl of your dreams," she said. She wanted to say the only person in the world who would ever have his heart, but she decied it sounded bitter. Scud looked confused and then like her understood.
"She's a dream," he said, lowly looking down at Stephanie. She nodded.
"She must be some dream," she answered. Scud cracked a small smile.
"She is," he agreed. She flet akward being held by a man thinking of another woman. She pulled away. Scud caught her arm and pulled her back to him. She looked at him a bit shocked, but she wasn't afraid. She let him look in to her eyes a while longer, before she asked.
"What are you looking at?" She asked lowdly. Scud smiled at her.
"You don't have a dream man?" He asked. Stephanie bit at her lip. He was the man of her dreams.
"I guess," she shugged. He eyed her.
"What's he like?" He asked sounding like he was trying to keep himself calm. She smiled to herslef as she thought about how wonderful Scud was and how he made her feel.
"A perfect night mare," she said lowly. Scud pulled his eyebrows together.
"What do you mean?" He asked, clearly confused.  Stephanie though about how she wanted to kiss him, and how she wanted him to treat her like his girlfriend. How she wanted to be his girlfriend. It was never going to happen though. She swallowed and bit her lip.
"All the things I want and will never have," she said almost to low to be heard, but she was trying to keep from crying. Scud looked like he was forcing a smile at her, it wasn't much, just a small smile.
"Yeah. You deserve everything though. Someone who will treat you like a queen. Take there time and show you just how wonderful you are every day," he said with a small smile. Stephanie looked at him pulling her eyebrows together.
"Why does it sound like you've put a lot of thought in to that?" She asked. Scud smiled at her.
"Becuase I know you're young, and eager to grow up. See what the world has to offer you, but I also know your innocent to a fault. You never know when someone is hitting on your, and you cling to the people who make you feel safe," he explained, she and didn't look at him. He leaned his head on hers. "I know I make you feel safe, but hooking up isn't like the movies. There no sloft sweet kisses. No taking time to love every inch of you. It's basically we get off," he said. Stephanie tried to pull away. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I just want you to know," Scud said trying to hold on to her.
"I know," she said turning away from him. He was quite for a moment.
"Don't hate me. I'm sorry if I send you mixed signals. I mean the offer, fuck yeah it's always open. Stephanie you deserve more thorough. I'll make you feel good for what, an hour? You need a man to make you happy forever," Scud said. Stephanie sighed.
"I know Scud," she said not bothering to hide her anger. She felt Scud place a hand on her shoulder, and then kiss her head.
"I'll keep the door open, if you need the bathroom. Get loney, cold, whatever," he said as he walked away and shut the door. Stephanie turned off the lights and went to lay on the couch. She burried her head in to the pillow and cried. He was right this wasn't a movie. He wasn't her price charming. She needed to just stop thinking that way.
From that day on, Stephanie put in some real effort trying to move on from Scud. She spent a lot of time at Julia's house. Julia of couse was mad at him. Asking if she could kick his ass. Stephanie smiled at her, but shook her head. She needed to move on. It was never going to happen anyways. As if on que Julia's brother showed up.
"Jewls, dad wants ya," he said, smiling bigger. "Hey, Steph," he smiled. Stephanie smiled at him, he was always so sweet to her. She figured that was just him though.
"Hey, Marcus. Stephanie's having guy trouble maybe you can talk to her,"she said as she walked away. He smiled shyly at her
"You alright?" He asked. Stephanie smiled and shrugged.
"Yeah I'll be fine," she said lowly. She had never been left alone with Julia's brother. Not that she was afraid of him, he was always so nice and sweet.  He shifted akwardly.
"So, we're you dating him?" He asked. She giggled weakly.
"No, he's not interested," she said. Marcus looked at her.
"He's stupid," he said shaking his head. Stephanie smiled at him.
"Thanks," she said. He blushed slightly. 
"No problem. You are beautiful and deserve to be told every day," he said sounding shy. Stephanie blushed. She had never thought of Marcus like that. Sure he wasn't unattractive. Actually he was good looking, brown hair blue eyes. Stephanie was beginning to think she had a type. He was no Scud though. She slapped herself, no one was that asshole.
"Thanks," she giggled lowly with a vigorous blush. He smiled more at her coming and sitting beside her.
"So umm. I know your going threw something,  but I've been tryin to work up the courage for a while to ask you to lunch or something," he chuckled shyly. Stephanie bit her lip, she nodded.
"Sure," she said, knowing she needed to move on from Scud. He smiled bigger.
"Really!?" He asked excitedly. Stephanie smiled and blushed more, nodding.
"Yeah, really," she giggled.
"Awesome," he said still smiling from ear to ear.  Julia waked back in looking from Stephanie to her brother.
"What's up?"  She asked with a smile. Stephanie smiled and shrugged.
"I think your brother just asked me out," she laughed. Marcus chuckled.
"Yeah," he blushed. Julia smiled at her brother.
"'Bout fuckin time!" She said. "This losers, been pining over you you sence you showed up with asshole, to get your belly button pierced," she laughed. Marcus slapped her arm.
"Shut up!" He growled. Julia laughed. Stephanie smiled and blushed biting her lip.
"Really?" She asked. He kinda shrugged.
"Yeah," he chuckled, with a blush. Stephanie smiled more. "Um so I'll give you my number and you can message me whenever," he smile, as he pulled out his phone.  Stephanie took out her phone and took his number and shot him a text. He smiled at her.
"So cool," he said as he looked at her shyly. She giggled and nodded.
"Yeah," she said.
"Ok, get out so we can talk shit about you!" Julia said as she pushed him out and closed the door.  Stephanie looked at her and stifled a laugh.
"Julia!" She giggled. Julia smiled at her.
"Dish. I mean I know he asked you out and you said yes. So is it a pity date?" She laughed. Stephanie shook her head.
"No! Scud told me that I needed a guy who told me I was beautiful, and is trust worthy," she said lowly. Julia nodded.
"Alright, well he's a good dude. He's dated a few girls sence we've been here, but the poor guy wants love, not a good time," she shugged. Stephanie smiled at her.
"See that's what I want, I mean I don't know how he'll take me being half vampire, but," she shugged. Julia laughed.
"He'd be alright with it. Always said you were way to pretty to be real," she giggled. Stephanie smiled and blushed. She hopped he could take her mind off Scud, she really wanted him to.
The a couple moths went by and Stephanie and Marcus were official. He was alright with taking things slow. The held hands and he only kissed her on the head or cheek. They had disgust that sex wasn't something she was ready for, and he told her to take all the time she needed. He was in no rush.  Being with her was enough. 
Scud and Stephanie still talked. She never told him about Marcus. She just told him she was talking his advice. He didn't seem happy that she wasn't spending as much time with him. He never out right said anything about it.
Stephanie was actually at home, when she came down remembering Scud was there. She grabbed a cup of coffee and went and sat on her stewl. Scud turned to look at her.
"Your home," he said sounding suprised and a bit bitter. She nodded with a shrug.
"Yep," she said. Scud got up and walked over to her.
"Can I still hug you, or does your new boyfriend not allow you to do that either," he growled. Stephanie looked at him, suprised he knew, not suprised he was mad.
"I didn't tell you, because you act like this," she growled. Scud scoffed at her.
"Like what? An asshole? Becuase I remeber when you found a girl in my apartment you weren't exactly pleasant about it," he spat back. Stephanie got up.
"You told me to get over you! That I was attached to you, becuase you were nice to me. He's nice to me, he teats me good. He understands I'm not ready to do anything," she defended Marcus. Scud threw down his rench.
"Untill your alone and he's ready and you say no. Then he's not interested in what you want!' Scud growled. She shook her head.
"Your impossible. Why is every guy in the world not good enough for you!? Stephanie growled back at him. Scud shook his head.
"I worry about you," he said lowly. She looked at him, confused, annoyed, suprised? She wasn't sure.
"Worried about me?!" She yelled, fighting tears. "When we spend time together you tell me I need to look for someone not like you. Your always telling me how much you can't be what I need. I finnaly go out with someone, who I've known a while and you still try to find fault in him!" She snapped. Scud looked at her and then away. Stephanie's phone went off, she looked down to see it was Marcus. She walked away from Scud to answer it.
"Hello," she said, her voice starting to sound horse form yelling at Scud.
"Hey, you alright?" He asked conserned. She took a breath to steady herself.
"Yeah, just fighting with Scud," she growled. There was a pause on the other end.
"I didn't know you didn't tell him," he said lowly. She sighed, she should have known.
"It's none of his bussiness," she spat. Marcus was quite.  "Sorry. It's just not like I have to tell him everything I do," she said lowly.
"I understand. So sence your already pissed off at him, do you wanna come hang out?" Marcus chuckled. Stephanie but her lip.
"It's like eleven o'clock," she said feeling nervous.
"I know what you're thinking. No I swear it's not a way to try to sleep with you. I just want to watch a movie and maybe get a chance to cuddle with you," he said lowly. She smiled at hoe shy he was sounding.
"Alright," she agreed with a low giggle. She was really trying hard to want this relationship. Marcus was amazing.
"Cool, so I can bring you home after or you can take my bed and ill take the couch. Or if your comfortable we could cuddle in my bed," he chuckled. Stephanie knew he wasn't pushing, just throwing the suggestion out there.
"I can stay, I'll take the couch though, I don't want to throw you out of your bed," he giggled. There was a short pause.
"Where ever your comfortable," he said. She smiled.
"Give me twenty minutes?" She asked. He chuckled.
"You don't need to dress up. Your beautiful as you are, just throw on some pjs," he chuckled. Stephanie smiled.
"Alright, I'm ready then," she said, she was already wearing yoga pants and Scud sweater. He chuckled.
"See you in a bit," he said as they hung up. Stephanie went upstairs and replied peefume. She wanted to smell good, as she headed back down stairs to wait.
"Going to fuck your boyfriend?" Scud growled. Stephanie looked at him suprised he was acting the way he was.
"Fuck you Scud! And if I am it's none of your business!" She growled, so mad at him. She walked away and went outside. She stood beside the house and waited for Marcus. The door opend behind her, and she gorlwd.
"Go away!" She snapped. Scud didn't listen, he never did.
"I'm sorry," he said. Stephanie turned to look at him, still upset.
"Great, your still an asshole," she said somber. He smiled at her.
"You still love me," he chuckled. She looked at him defeated.
"Yeah, but it doesn't mean you get to be like that," she gorlwd. He sighed.
"I'm jealous someone else is getting all your attention," he said. Stephanie looked at him sad. She should have known,  Scud said there would never be anyone before her, but yet here she was completely ignoring him. She gasped.
"I'm sorry! Your right, tomorrow I'm all yours," she smiled, Scud cocked a smile.
"Pretty sure your boyfriend would have a problem with you be ALL mine," he laughed   evily. Stephanie rolled her eyes at him.
"You know what I mean you pervert!" She growled. Scud smiled.
"Yeah, but I wouldn't be me, if I odidn't make it perverted," he laughed. She smiled at him, as Marcus pulled in. She gave Scud a side hug and went to the car.
"You two make up?" He asked, with a smile. Stephanie nodded as she got in.
"Yeah, I've been ignoring him, and he always promised me I'd come before anyone else. We are best friends after all, he was my first real friend," she explained. Marcus nodded.
"Makes sence," he agreed. She smiled over at him, as he reached over and gently placed his hand on hers. Stephanie saw him throw a sideways glance at her. She smiled more and took his hand in hers. She could see him smiling in the street lights, as he pulled her hand up and kissed it. They made it to his apartment and went inside, Marcus grabbed her bag.
"So this is my place," he kinda chuckled. Stephanie smiled. She had never been to his apartment, but she knew she was safe with him. The went to the living room and he offered her seat. She bused as sh looked up at him. He smiled looking at her like she was the best thing in the world.
"So what did you do today?" She asked him, trying to make small talk. He smiled as he sat, beside her.
"Worked," he yawned. She smiled at him as he looked over at her.
"What?" She giggled. He held his arms out.
"Can I hold you?" He asked. Stephanie smiled and moved in to his arms. He pulled her close to him, and she rested her head on his chest. "You alright?" He asked. Stephanie nodded, and looked up at him.
"Yeah," she smiled, it was nice to be held. He smiled down at her and then turned on the TV.
"What do you wanna watch?" He asked. Stephanie shrugged.
"Doesn't matter?" She said. He scrolled thew the guide.
"There's a love story," he suggested. Stephanie giggled.
"I'm not in to those," she said lowly. He looked down at her and chuckled.
"First girl I've ever met that said that, but ok," he smiled. She smiled up at him.
"Comedy, horror, action, it doesn't matter," she said. He smiled down at her again.
"I might be in love with you," he laughed. She giggled.
"Why?" She asked.
"Most girls hate horror movies, well ones I've dated," he said. She smiled at him.
"I'm not really like most girls," she said. He nodded. "The only thing I really don't like is ones with like rape in them. There's one I saw it was like rediculouse. There was like a ten minutes rape secen," she growled, "and clowns," she said kinda smiling. Marcus chuckled at her.
"Got it no clowns. Yeah I agrer, that's just sick, we got the point two seconds in," he said. Stephanie nodded.
"Ohh, have you seen that one?" She aked reaching over and stealing the remote.
"Sinister no not yet," he  said. She smiled.
"The guy in it kinda creeps me out because he remains me of a clown, but other then that it's a good move," sh said he smiled down at her. She smiled back at him. "What?" She asked in almost a whisper.
"Your so beautiful, I want to kiss you," he said lowly. She bit her lip and blush. "No pressure. Julia told me about what happend with Keven, and I would never force you in to anything anyways. I just had to tell you," he said lowly and blushed. Stephanie smiled and nodded. She wanted to let him kiss her. She just always hoped her first kiss would be with Scud. She shook her head slightly. She couldn't think like that.
"Ok," she said lowly, with a nod of her head. Marcus looked at her.
"Ok?" He asked lowly. She smiled as reached up gently to hold his face, and nodded again.
"Ok," she sad again, trying to sound confedant. He smiled slightly as he leaned in and slowly kissed her lips. Stephanie's heart punded as the soft slow tender way he kissed her. It wasn't anymore then a peck, maybe a little longer, but it was slow and sweet and perfect. Marcus pulled away and looked down at her.
"Alright?" He asked. She smiled and nodded.
"Perfect," she whispered. He smiled at her and pulled her close again. They watched the movie, but she couldn't help but feel guilty like she gave away apart of herself that she wasn't supose to.
As a conforting thing she brought her sweater sleeve to her face and inhaled Scud's delicious sent. It was also like being back with him. She couldn't believe she just did that. What the hell was wrong with her?! She had an amazing boyfriend who wanted to give her the world, and she was hung up in that asshole who didn't want her.
"Hey," Marcus said lowly bringing her back. She smiled up at him.
"Humm?" She asked. He smiled at her.
"You alright?" He asked. Sh nodded.
"Fine," she said lowly. He pulled her close and snuggled her.
"You need anything? Drink food?" He asked. Stephanie swallowed hard. She should have eaten before she left. He smelt good, not as amazing as Scud, but he would deffenatly do.
"Yeah," she said trying to push the thought of ripping her boyfriend apart. "I could use a drink," she swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the burning in her throat. He smiled down at her and nodded, and got up. Stephanie pulled out her phone and texted Julia.
'911' she said Julia was quick to answer.
"What!" Julia answer.
'I forgot to eat before coming to spend the night with your brother...  I knda like him and really don't want to eat him!' She answered. Julia sent a scared liking smiley face.
'Omw!' She texted. Stephanie breathed and hoped she could help. Marcus  returned with a soad.
"Here you are," he smlied. Stephanie loved that he smiled every time he looked at her. Then his phone started to ring.
"Hello?" He asked, looking at the phone confused. "What?" "Alright," he agreed and hung up. Stephanie looked at at him, questioning.
"What's up?" She asked asked. He shrugged at her.
"Julia's coming over. She said she needs to talk to you," he said looking confused. Stephanie nodded at him. He smiled down at her. "Can I push my luck, and get another kiss," he asked, a blush coming accrost his face. Stephanie bit her lip, reminding herself that she wanted to be with him. He wanted to be with her. She smiled and nodded. He leaned in slowly and kissed her lips gently. He didn't push, for entrance to her mouth. It was just a slow sweet loving kiss. Stephanie smiled at him when they parted.
"That's something I could get use to," she giggled. Marcus chuckled at her.
"Good, because I like doing it," he chuckled. She smiled at him as she heard punding on the door.  "That's my sister," he said, smiling. Stephanie nodded as she got up and he wrapped his arm around her waist. He looked down at her. She smiled up at him, and stood on her tip toes and kissed him again. He smiled wider at her, and they walked to the door. Marcus opend it and Julia rushed in.
"The hell were you doing?" She growled. Stephanie smiled at her. Julia smiled back big, knowing they were taking things slow.
"Oh, well,"she smiled. "Glad this is working. Stephanie come!" She growled as she pulled Stephanie with her. They went to the bathroom and Julia shut the door.
"Scud say anything?" She asked as Julia handed her, the stuff. She shrugged.
"Nothing nice," she answered. Stephanie rolled her eyes. " He's insanely gealous," Julia said. Stephanie rolled her eyes.
"He's a big whine ass," she gritted her teeth as the stuff was injected in to her.  Julia made a face.
"Does that hurt?" She asked. Stephanie shrugged.
"Not really, but it's not a pleasant feeling," Stephanie said. Julia nodded.
"He gave me two," she said. Stephanie nodded.
"Alright, I should be fine for the night. Scud's the only one I've ever had to use double the amount with," Stephanie admitted. "But I'll keep this just incase," she said shoving the stuff back in the bag.
"Is that blood?" Julia asked. Stephanie shook her head.
"No its a surm, my dad and Grandpa made. I don't know all the ingredients," she said. Julia nodded.
"So you two are moving farward," she smiled excitedly. Stephanie blushed.
"Yeah," she bit at her lip.
"We've kissed twice," Stephanie blushed. Julia raised an eyebrow at her.
"Is that your first kiss?" She giggled. Stephanie kinda shrugged.
"Umm, I think so," she said. Julia looked at her confused.
"How don't you know?" She asked.
"When I first met Scud, he got hurt, ans I thought he might die. I kissed him," she admitted. Julia smiled.
"I don't think that counts. It's so cute though," she smiled. Stephanie blushed.
"And I've smoked with him before and he gives me shotguns," she said lowly, ans blushing.
"Shotguns?" Julia asked. Stephanie smiled at the memory.
"He use to put his mouth to mine and blow the smoke in," she giggled. Julia raised an eyebrow at her.
"No, I think that was just an elaborate plan to kiss you," she laughed. Stephanie smiled.  Julia looked at her.  "Your making yourself date my brother, to get over scud?" She asked. Stephanie shrugged.
"No, I like him," she said lowly. Julia looked at her harder.
"Buy you love Scud," she said. Stephanie nodded.
"Yeah," she said almost crying. Julia sighed.
"I hope you and Marcus can make it work. He adores you," she said. Stephanie smiled at her.
"I know," she said. She did love that part about it. Julia smiled.
"Does that make it easier for you to be with him knowing he worships the ground you walk on?" She kinda laughed. Stephanie smiled bigger.
"It helps, but it's the way he treats me," she said still smiling. Julia nodded.
"Good, alright, I'm out I'll let you two get back to whatever it was you were doing," Julia laughed Stephanie pulled her in to a hug.
"Thank you!" She said. Julia smiled at her.
"Any time," she said as they walked out of the bathroom. Marcus came out from the living room to meet them.
"Everything ok?" He asked. Julia nodded.
"Yep. I'll see you tomorrow," she said as she left. Stephanie looked back at Marcus and smiled.
"So," she said lowly. He chuckled at her, reaching for her hand.
"Why do you always act so nervous?" He chuckled "It's cute as shit," he grolwd, pulling her in to a hug. She smiled as she hugged him back.
"I don't know," she shugged. He eyed her.
"You know we won't do anything that you don't want to," he said lowly. Stephanie smiled at him.
"I know," she said. He looked at her seriously.
"But just so you know,  when ever your ready," he smiled. Stephanie looked at him suprised, and blushed. "Sorry I didn't mean to come off like that, but your very beautiful, and any sane guy would want to get ahold of you," he smiled as he looked her up and down. She blushed more and it her lip.
"Do I give you blue balls?" She asked with a giggle, ans blued more. Marcus laughed out loud.
"Fuck yes!" He said "I've wanted to tell you for a while. I have to be careful around you, becuase my dick is permenatly hard around you," he admited. Stephanie blushed more looking away. "Sorry," he said as he let go of her, giving her some space. She looked up at him threw hair.
"No, its just the first time anyone has ever told me that,"she blushed. He smiled at her.
"Yeah, it's a hell of a pick up line," he laughed, she did too. She bit her lip, she wanted to know what it was like to be loved by a man, but she didn't want to go all the way. She still wasn't sure she was ready for that. She looked at him wondering how to continue. He smiled at her and led her to the couch, as though he could read her mind. He looked at her waiting. She blushed.
"Kiss me," she said lowly. He nodded as he leaned in and slowly climed her lips. Stephanie wasn't sure how to move on, she had only kissed him a few times and it was nothing like this one.
This kiss was more intense and hotter, as he licked at her bottom lip. She opend her mouth as he slowly slid his tongue in to her mouth, gently teasing hers. Stephanie laced her fingers threw his hair, pulling him closer. Marcus waisted no time pulling her on to his lap. She was cought off guard by the action, but she wants afraid. They kissed for a while, and she didn't mind his hands as they slowly moved to her ass and gave it a little squeeze. It was when he bucked his hips in to her she pulled away.
"Fuck!" He growled. "I'm sorry, it was a reaction," he said as she got off of him. She  needed.
"No I understand. I just.... I'm not ready to go that fa," she said. He nodded at her.
"This was amazing," he smiled, she smiled at him. It really was, he liked her and he wasn't afraid to show her. She nodded.
"Yeah, " she smiled.  Marcus yawned.
"I have to get up in the morning," he said. She nodded.
"Yeah, I promised Scud we'd hang out," she remembered. He smiled, and nodded.
"Can I push my luck one more time?" He asked. Stephanie smiled and nodded her head.
"What?" She asked with a giggle. He came over to her.
"Come sleep in my bed, and please let me have a good night kiss," he said. She smiled at him and nodded. He turned off the tv and led her to his room. Stephanie blushed vigorously, but remebered she wanted this. He looked at her.
"You don't have to," he said. She shook her head.
"I want to," she assured him. He smiled and  walked over and kissed her head.
"You can use the bathroom first. I'll change, I promise to wear clothes," he chuckled. Stephanie smiled at him, as she went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She went back to the bedroom door and knocked.
"Yeah," Marcus answered. Stephanie opend the door and looked at him. He was in sweet pants and a muscle shirt, she couldn't help but notice he had really nice arms. He smiled at her.  "What's that face for?" He asked. She looked at him confused.
"What face?" She asked with a giggle. He walked over to her and wrapped his arm around her waist.
"That mischievous smile," he said lowly leaning in and kissing her lips. Stephanie's smiled up at him. Not bothered at all by the gesture.
"I guess I never noticed how nice your arms are," she blushed. He laughed.
"There's more then that to look at, when your ready," he winked at her. She gently slid her fingers crossed his stomach over his shirt. She could definitely feel a six pack.  She smiled at him.
"Good to know," she  smiled. He chuckled and went to the bathroom. Stephanie crawled in to his bed and tried to her comfortable. She was rolling around still she  her phone went off. It of course was Scud. She answered it.
"Hello," she said lowly.
"You didn't text me, I got worried. Julia get you the shit?" He asked, he was clearly in a bad mood.
"Yes, thank you. I was just about to text you thought. I'm going to bed, what time do you want me on the morning?" She asked, looking up as Marcus walked in.
"Scud?" He asked with a small knowing smile. She smiled and nodded.
"The sooner the better," he said. "Where do you sleep when you go there?" He asked snappy. She sighed.
"What time do you have to leave," she asked Marcus.
"I have to be at the shop for nine. Do you need me to drop you off?" He asked. She shrugged.
"If you want to," she said. He smiled.
"Of couse baby doll," he said, she giggled at the name.
"Before nine work for you?" She asked. Scud was quite.
"Can I turn off the lights?" Marcus asked. Stephanie nodded.
"Yeah," she answered.
"You sleeping with him?" Scud snapped. Stephanie yawned.
"I'll see you tomorrow. Good night Scud," she said annoyed, as she hung up, with out letting him answer. She sunk down in to the blanket and let out a sigh.
"Come here, I'll make you feel better," Marcus chuckled, and pulled her to his chest. Stephanie smiled to herslef.
"Oh, your good night kiss," she said lowly.  She could feel his thumb rub gently across her lips. Before he leaned in and claimed her lips again. She liked the way it felt to he held and kissed, she just wished it was Scud. She hated herself for harboring such thoughts, but they were ture. They parted and she panted lowly.
"Night baby doll," he whispered. Stephanie smiled again to herslef.
"Night, babe," she said.
The next morning was kinda a rush as Stephanie got ready and Marcus did too. He drove her to Scud kissing her, before she got out of the car and headed inside. Stephanie knocked on the door and Scud opend it. It smelt like cheap perfume again, so she could only assume he had a woman over.
"Get your mojo back?" She asked with a giggle. He shrugged.
"Did you get yours?" He asked. She looked at him confused.
"Mine was never gone," she said. Scud shugged.
"So did you get laid?" He asked. She pulled her eyebrows together.
"Scud," she said, she could see he was in a mood. He shrugged.
" I did, it sucked by the way," he snapped. Stephanie grolwed.
"Why am I here?" She asked. He smiled at her.
"You still a vergan?" He asked. She looked at him unamused.
"Yes," she snapped. He rolled his eyes.
"Sweet heart, it's not hard, you take your clothes off and let him stick his dick in you," he growled.
"What the fuck Scud?!" She snapped at him.
"What you were gonna let me. You probably still would," he smiled walking over to her. She moved away from him.
"Are you fuckin drunk?" She asked. He smiled and moved tward her again.
"Come here, you want a good time? I'll show you one," he smiled. Stephanie pushed him away.
"What the fuck. Scud get off me!" She yelled. He looked at her.
"Should have done it before. Fucked you and showed you," he growled.
"Showed me what? Your an asshole?" She yelled, as tears ran down her face. He looked at her, his mood seemed to change.
"No, fuck. Steph, I'm sorry!" He said lowly. She looked at him.
"What the fuck is your problem? " She said wiping her tears. He shook his head, walking over to her and pulled her in to a hug.
"I'm a dick. I had shitty sex and didn't get off. You've been hanging out with your boyfriend. I'm sorry, I guess I'm jealous," he chuckled. She looked at him, pulling her eyebrows together, again.
"I'm sorry, I'm going to try harder to make time for you and him," he said as she hugged him tightly. Scud nodded, he pulled back and smiled at her.
"How long have you been wearing my sweat shirt?" He asked. Stephanie smiled and blushed.
"It's a comfort thing," she admitted. Scud smiled.
"Im glad I can comfort you," he said lowly. She smiled at him.
"I'm sorry your whore was bad at her job," She said. Scud shook his head.
"It's fine I have you," he smirked. She shook her head.
"No, I'm not single anymore," she said. Scud scrunched up his face.
"Our dirty little secret," he smiled leaning in to her. Stephanie shook her head.
"No," she said, he pulled his eyebrows together.
"Fine. So I was thinking we could go get our tattoos," he smiled. She smiled at him.
"Alright," she agreed. He smiled at her.
"Today," he said she giggled.
"Let's go," she said as they headed out to the van. They got in and Scud grabbed her hand. Stephanie smiled but didn't say anything. It was quiet for a while then she looked over at him.
"Why did you decide to do this?" She finnaly asked. Scud shrugged.
"You wanted it, and I like seeing you happy," he said. She pulled her eyebrows together, but didn't push it. They arived at the shop and went in. Marcus smiled as he saw her come in. He walked right over to her, pulling her in to a hug.
"Hey, what brings you down?" He asked. She smiled at him, leaning up on her tip toes and giving him a kiss.
"Scud said we could get matching tattoos when I was eighteen. He finnaly decied to," she smild. Marcus nodded.
"Cool, what are you getting, and where? He asked. She smiled.
"I want a like portion of a puzzle and one peice is missing,  but it's one of them funny looking ones, and I want it over my heart. Scud's going to get the missing peices," she explained. Marcus nodded at her.
"Well come on let's get it drawn out," he said as he led her over to the counter. Scud fallowed, looking pissy. She could see the look on his face. She saw Julia come out from a back room with a smile.
"You finnaly talked him in to the tattoo?" She asked with a giggle. Stephanie smiled bigger and nodded.
"He's been my rock thew some shit," she said, smiling at Scud. Julia nodded.
"Ture. Have fun. I'll be back out in a bit," she said as she disappeared again.
"Alright," Marcus said, as he showed Stephanie what he drew out. She smiled haply at his work.
"Awesome!" She said smiling at Scud, who nodded. Max came over and looked at the drawings.
"This one yours?" He asked. Scud nodded. Come on I'll knock this out," he said. Stephanie smiled as Marcus came back with the stencil.
"Alright. Now don't worry I'm a professional," he said in his most professional voice. Stephanie giggled and nodded, kissing his cheek.
"I trust you," she said, as he placed the stencil on and got ready to start. As soon as he had started the first line. He looked at her.
"You ok?" He asked. Stephanie could smell her own blood, and knew she didn't think this threw well. As the sweet delicious smell of Scud's blood hit her. She gasped and opend and closed her mouth like a new born looking for food. She clawed the chair though she didn't want to ruin this. Scud turned to look at her.
"Fuck!" He growled. She looked at him sadly.
"Julia!" She yelled. Julia ran into the room.
"Fuck!" She growled.
"In the van!" Scud yelled, as she ran from the room. Stephanie closed her eyes and tried really hard no to bit anyone. Especially sence she just got Scud to agree to this.
"Stephanie?" Marcus aksed, she tore her eyes from Scud and looked at him. "Are you ok?" He asked, he had stopped tattooing her and was Looking at her scared. She closed her eyes and clenched her jaw tight. He would do in a pinch. Julia rushed in and strapped the feeding to Stephanie's arm. Stephanie growled as she felt the injection.
Stephanie felt calmer with the serum taking over.  She sat back, loosing her grip on the chair. The burning in her throat finnaly diminished. She opend her eyes and looked around.
"Better?" Julia asked. She nodded.  She looked over at Scud. He looked at her still conserned.
"Alright?" He asked. She nodded. "I'm an idiot, I forgot blood was involved with this," he said. Stephanie breathed.
"It's alright, I'm fine," she smiled weakly at him. Looking back at Marcus. He looked at her suspiciously, she closed her eys, ashamed. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions," she said lowly. He nodded.
"Are you going to be ok?" He asked. She smiled smiled, he was never one to press.
"I'll be fine. I really wanna finish this," she said. He nodded, leaning down to continue. A while later Scud was done and he got up walking over to her. She looked over at him and inhaled his amazing sent.
"Get away from me," she hissed. He said nothing, but she knew he left. Marcus looked at her, but didn't say anything, as he finished up. She breathed out as he cleaned up and looked at her.
"I'm going  to figure that the tattoo wasn't the hardest part for you," he chuckled lowly. Stephanie smiled at him, as Julia set up another feeding. Stephanie growled as she felt the injection.
"Nope," she laughed lowly. When she was done, she got up slowly. Pulling out her phone she texted Scud. He came in cautiously.
"You alright?" He asked. She smiled.
"I got my first tattoo, and I didn't kill anyone," she joked. He chuckled at her.
"Pretty sure I was going to be the first, the way you were looking at me," he chuckled. Stephanie smiled and nodded.
"So. That's one sixty," Max said lowly. Scud pulled out his wallet and paid. "Of you want anything else, Stephanie, I think you should call ahead of time and we will close," he said lowly. She blushed.
"Sorry," she said lowly. He nodded at her.
"It's fine, I'm glad Julia is in on what ever this is," he looked between them. Julia came in looking at Stephanie.
"You alright?" She asked. Stephanie nodded.
"Yeah thanks," she said. Julia nodded.
"Mark wants ya," sh said. Stephanie nodded slowly. "He's out back smoking," she said as Julia showed her how to get out back. Stephanie stood quite untill be looked at her.
"Julia told me you had a thing with blood. Couldn't be around it. I just kinda figured it made you sick or something. I didn't know you were going to try and kill for it," he laughed lowly. She looked down.
"I can't.." she started.
"It's fine, I know Scud's in to some shit. I guess I should have known that's how he knew you. Now I know why your so dam beautiful," he chuckled. Stephanie smiled at him weak.
"Sorta," she giggled. He smiled over at her as he stepped on the cheery of his joint.
"It's Scud though," he said, lowly. She looked at him.
"No, its all blood," she said lowly with a slight nervous laugh. He smiled over at her.
"No, the way you looked at him. It was longing and want. It's how I want you to look at me," he said lowly. She wanted to cry.
"I want that too," she told him. He smiled at her.
"Your trying to force it though," he said. Tears stung her eyes.
"But I want it," she cried. He pulled her in to a hug.
"If you love someone let them go," he said, kissing her head.
"No, please," she begged. He looked down at her.
"You love him," he said. She couldn't deny it, so she stayed silance "It's ok, I always knew. I just really wanted you to like me," he said. Stephanie just looked at him tears streaming down her face.
"I do like you," she said. He nodded.
"I know, but your never going to love me like you do him," Marcus said. Stephanie shook her head.
"I can," she pleated. He leaned down to kiss her. Stephanie hesitated, and then leaned in, he nodded and kissed her head.
"I'm not saying it would never happen, but would you really be happy? He asked. Stephanie shrugged.
"We don't know if we don't try," she sniffled. He smiled and kissed her head again.
"I'm love how sweet you are," he said. She looked up at him sad.
"But your still breaking up with me," she choked out. He nodded.
"You need to be happy. I'm happy I got to get to know you," he said, giving her a squeeze. She nodded and smiled, foced. He kissed her head and they walked back inside. Stephanie walked out to the waiting area just in time to hear Scud.
"So Steph's screwing your brother. So wht do you think about hookin up?" He asked slyly. Julia looked up from her paper work with a look of loathing and discust. She connected eyes with Stephanie and shook her head, as she walked away from him. She came up to Stephanie and hugged her.
"You ok?" She asked. Stephanie kept her eyes locked in Scud. He looked at her, suprised.
"No," she gorlwd lowly. "My boyfriend just broke up with me, and then I come back to find my best friend, trying to sleep with my other best friend," she growled. Julia didn't say anything, for a minute.
"I'll text you later," she said. Stephanie nodded as she walked out of the shop. Scud fallowing behind.
"Steph," he chuckled lowly. "I just, umm well I was," he stumbled over his words.
"Fuck you Scud!" She yelled, turning around he looked at her, as she came back at him. She punched his arm and slapped at his chest, as she cries. He yelled out, and then just held her.
"I'm sorry," he said. She looked up at him.
"You've been nothing but an asshole latley. I don't even know why I'm still talking to you! You know what Scud stay away from me!" She snapped. Scud looked down at her.
"Stephanie," he said looking suprised.
"No, Scud go get.... Bit!" She snapped at him, as she took off. Stephanie ran home, and went straight to her room. She hated herself for loving him. He odviously didn't think of her the same way. She ruined her first and possibly only relationship with an amazing man, for him. On top of it all she stupidity got a tattoo with him.
There was a knock at her door. She didn't want to answer it. She could tell by the sent it was her grandpa. She sighed as she got up and walked to the door, opening it. She staired him down.
"Grandpa, I love you and I don't want to fight. I just want to be left alone," she said sounding as bad as she felt. He nodded at her.
"I'm just here for support. I won't even bring up that stupid punk ass kid," he said, she shook her head. She went and sat back on her bed.
"Why does growing up have to be so hard?" She asked. He chuckled.
"You let me know when you figure it out," he said. She smiled at him and shook her head. She hugged him tightly.
"I'll wanna go back to being little, when all I had to worry about was skinned knees, and not broken hearts," she looked up at him. He nodded looking down at her.
"You and me both princess," he kinda laughed. Stephanie smiled at him. She rested her head on his arm, and he let her. They didn't say anything as she just felt better. Her grandpa had a way of doing that.