Forever and Always

Part Four – Forever and Always

"For the final time, hold still Mairin!" Serena snapped, giving the redhead a small tap on the head with the brush. Mairin sighed, forcing herself to go still as Serena ran continued doing her hair, running the brush through her thick hair.

"I'm just... nervous," Mairin muttered, resisting the urge to look down. "You know?"

"It's your wedding day!" An energetic voice said from behind them. "You should be excited!"

Mairin's gaze flickered across the mirror, allowing her to catch a glimpse of the grinning blonde next to Serena. Like always, Bonnie had a huge smile on her face, a Frogadier on one shoulder, a Dedenne on the other. Serena smiled at the young woman, her eyes widening slightly.

"Bonnie, why aren't you in your bridesmaid dress yet?" Serena cried, looking alarmed.

Bonnie shrugged, unconcerned as she patted one of her Pokemon. "We have like, an hour until the wedding starts, I have plenty of time."

Serena on the other hand, looked panicked, as if they only had minutes to get ready. Serena was currently wearing a long green dress, sky blue flowers stitched across the skirt of the dress and sleeves. Even though it was a spring wedding, Mairin had insisted on long sleeves for the bridesmaids, maid of honor, and of course her own wedding dress. Bonnie had moaned upon learning about this, while Serena had agreed with Mairin– the longer sleeves complimented the dresses' design.

Mairin hadn't been too worried about the design though– just as long as nothing looked horrid she'd be happy. The true reasoning for the long sleeves was because she knew that spring was a fickle season, and she just hadn't wanted to risk being cold if winter decided to cling on until April like it had in years past.

With Serena temporarily distracted, Mairin allowed herself to look down at the wedding dress she was currently wearing. It was made of a brilliant white fabric that felt like silk, though she knew it wasn't. She honestly wasn't sure what it was called– Serena had been a lifesaver when it came to helping her pick out dresses. There had been a few clashes between them however, Serena worrying over the style while Mairin had been more focused on how comfortable they'd be to wear.

They had eventually found a middle ground– the silky wedding dress having been both comfortable and easy to move about in for Mairin, and instyle enough for Serena. The white dress flowed out near the ground– giving the cloth plenty of space between it and Mairin's clumsy feet. The dress had no train– Mairin having seen it as a potential tripping hazard, and Serena had declared them out of style.

Silver sequins decorated the neckline and sleeves of the dress, webs of them branching down the dress and merging into trails of light blue sequins– which were formed into the shape of flowers down the skirt of the gown, mirroring Serena's maid of honor dress. More silver sequins lined the hem, and the dress was topped off with a beautiful green sash around her waist.

"And you're not stressed in the slightest?" Serena asked as she returned to Mairin, having finally conviced Bonnie to go and change. Mairin looked up at Serena by staring into the mirror, blinking.

Stressed?

"No," Mairin finally said. "Just nervous."

She was getting married– today.

Serena shook her head, brushing through Mairin's hair one more time before starting to do a Kalosian braid with her red hair, causing the bride-to-be to flinch every time a bobby pin was pushed against her head to hold every strand of hair in place.