Chapter 5

"What do you want." I ask him, looking straight into his eyes. He releases me, odviously knowing that I won't leave without an answer. 

"I need you... I can't live without you right now. I'm in a tough - "

"Shut up! I'm so sick of you always doing this... wanting me back. You had me then you lost me. Remember what happened in my room? Huh!? Well... that was the first stepping stone." I hesitate to bring up exactly what happened that day. So I just wipe my face with my sleeve. "Just... Just go home. I don't need this again." 

He looks at me with pain in his eyes, but he doesn't seem to hesitate when he reaches out and pulls me in for a kiss. I struggle to push his body away from me. He releases me and a splash of relief hits when I realize that he didn't kiss me. He wasn't trying to... but why?

I look everywhere else around us  trying to avoid the feeling of him creeping up and down my body. 

"Please... I'll stop asking you to come back with me if you except my apology. Just... forgive me." He says while I'm turned away from him facing towards the ground, thinking about what to answer back. 

"I - I don't know just yet. I have a boyfriend... he hasn't treated me any other way than what I want him to. He understands me. He never broke into my room and - nevermind. I - I guess I can except your apology." I respond, hesitating at every word that comes out of my mouth. 

"That's not good enough..." He says, reaching for my arm as I shy away.

"Then what is good enough Niall... I've given you chances before and you wasted them all. I can't go back with you and I excepted your apology thinking that you would just finally leave me alone." I respond, tears swelling up in my eyes. Niall must tell that I'm about to cry because he reaches his sleeve up to wipe the tears from streaming down my face. 

"There's more to it... I needed you to - nevermind. You wouldn't understand. You never did, you don't now, and you never will... Just know that I still love you Ashley. There's always going to be a piece of me that nobody else can heal... except for you." Niall's words tumble on me likes rocks. I feel the tears reaching my chin and dropping down onto my clothes. I take a few steps back, stumbling on my feet, and sit down. I place my head on my knees and wait there. I look up and see that Niall has left. He's nowhere in sight as I look around the dark and empty parking lot, containing only the two cars of the workers, and the big blue dumpster. I swiftly swipe my sleeve over my face, taking care of any tears falling on my face. I stand up and walk to the sidewalk.

Nobody is going to take me home. I'm stuck walking. Wait... I still have my phone. I reach into both of my front pockets and do not find my phone. I search my back pockets and come up with nothing. Did I leave it in the parking lot? I scramble around looking for my phone when an extremely familiar voice shakes my ear drums.

"Looking for this?" I turn around to see my phone laying perfectly in their hand. Just as I look up to recognize the face, it's all to familiar...