Chapter 3

Fluttershy had been avoiding Pinkie Pie for weeks. A meeting had been called at Twilight's castle. Fluttershy had to be coaxed out of her cottage by Rarity. With a 'gentle' push from Angel, Fluttershy left the cottage. She heard her door slam behind her.

They soon arrived. Fluttershy saw Pinkie visibly brighten when she saw her. The meeting room was oddly quiet. Rarity's eyes darted around, looking around the silent table. She whispered something to her but Fluttershy didn't hear. Pinkie's gaze met hers and shared the confused look. Fluttershy had hardly noticed she'd locked eyes with Pinkie. Rarity punched her in the side to get her attention back. Twilight was speaking. "Hm-mm," Twilight coughed at Pinkie and Fluttershy.

"So...uh... Flutters," Pinkie began, attempting to break the tension. "How are the animals.....?" Fluttershy had gotten used to the nickname.

"T-They're fine," she mumbled, looking away. Pinkie gazed at her. The pink pony's gaze softened but Fluttershy didn't see.

"That's great!" Pinkie replied, now grinning. Same old Pinkie, Fluttershy thought, smiling. "You are a really great caretaker of animals."

"Uh.... t-thank you, Pinkie," she replied, blushing slightly. Applejack's gaze decided to land on her in that very moment. The orange earth pony's green gaze narrowed.

"Well if y'all have stopped being quiet what is this meeting 'bout Twi?" Twilight shifted, clearly uncomfortable at Applejack's words and had turned slightly red. Her purple eyes seemed troubled.

"Well, you see, uh... we seem to have been growing distant.... so I thought... why don't we see why?" Awkward silence fell again. "Or... just see each other again....?" Fluttershy felt herself blush and she looked down. Rarity had done the same as had Twilight. Rainbow Dash was flexing her wings, Applejack was quiet again and Pinkie was gazing at Fluttershy. "So.... I guess meeting over..." Twilight teleported herself out, probably to the library. Rarity and Fluttershy walked out together, silent.

"That was really awk-"

"Rarity..."

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Why?"

"You seem knowledgable on this.."

"Okay then, what?"

"Am I not the only one with a crush on someone in our friend group?"