four\

"WHY DOES my mom hate me?" kim groans against the deep cream colored pillow in front of her face that was drained of color

"WHY DOES my mom hate me?" kim groans against the deep cream colored pillow in front of her face that was drained of color. genevieve gently massaged the girl's exposed thigh, allowing her sweets to rant and groan for as long as she needed in order to calm down. "she's just so, i don't know" kim continues, sighing in defeat upon hearing footsteps coming up the stairs. they both prayed to a higher being that it wasn't the mother coming for more whispered words and heartbreak looks. everyone has their own opinion and thoughts but her mother couldn't hide how she felt — her facial features told it all, or her mumbled comments.

genevieve had baked a fresh pan of cookies in order to make the girl's parents happy and content, to make a better impression in her mother's eyes. she heard the small comment, she choose to ignore it. "it's going to be okay, maybe she—"

"it won't, genevieve. i can see the way she thinks about me by looking in her eyes. i hear what she says to my dad when they argue about me. y'know when i was a kid, me and my mom were so close, we'd always go to the park, out for tea and even ice cream when i got good grades. now, she doesn't say anything to me unless it's full of judgement or some lying bullshit. i just, i wish she'd talk to me instead of arguing against me. she's still my mom y'know, i wish she'd act like it. i can't live in a house where i can't be myself without my mom glaring at me, making me feel all self conscious and shit" kim sighs, tossing the pillow onto the floor, her glazed eyes making immediate contact with genevieve's.

"i'm sorry you're going through this, kim. i really am" the short girl wraps her arms around kim, holding her tight as tears fell from her eyes. showing her complete emotion and vulnerability. "— i don't want to live here anymore, genevieve" she whispers between breaths, trying to calm herself down with the gentle strokes against her back. "you could stay with me, i mean if you want. i don't want you to be upset here, or miserable. — i do think you should talk to her about how you feel, sometimes parents don't realize their actions mean so much to us. anyways, my door is always open for you sweetheart" kim lays her head on genevieve's warm lap and sighs, blowing the hair in her face to the side. the two didn't say much more.

the music flooded out the sound of voices coming from downstairs, within an hour they both ended up climbing out the window of kim's bedroom, with their hands entwined, the reddened blotchiness of kim's skin was slowly faded into a fair milky color. the sound of kim meiji lin's loud truck almost made all the houses within ten miles vibrate like an earthquake was happening. she didn't know where she was driving them both, her eyes were glued ahead while genevieve hummed along to the song playing from the radio station. the soft hues of orange and pink swirled in the sky with no care in the world, it was beautiful.

"i want to take you to the jungle where there is tons of waterfalls, colorful birds that look like happiness with wings, where we can hike and take nature shots, even paint! that would be so much fun" genevieve says happily, almost in a trance as she watches the sunset above. "i want to take you to france, so you can visit every art gallery, museum you want" she smiles widely, fading the sadness and worry away.