Chapter Two

Kaiya Uzumaki awoke to see white walls and a white ceiling

Kaiya Uzumaki awoke to see white walls and a white ceiling. The last thing she remembered was making Tea on the stove, while waiting for Reina to get home.

'I must have passed out again.' She sighed, as she ran her fingers through her hair she felt a sharp pain. 'Apparently I hit my head as well'

The red-haired mother felt something wiggle into her side. She found her precious little girl sleeping next to her, with her oversized-cloak her father had given her as an infant. Kaiya heard her sniffle in her sleep and rolled over to pull her into her chest. Reina instantly sighed in contentment feeling her mother's warmth surround her.

Kaiya kissed her daughter's forehead and brushed her black hair out of her face. Oh the happiness and color her child had brought into her world of mundane and gray.

But the knowledge and power her little girl's father brought into her ignorant life. To think that she was denied her right as an Uzumaki, and told by an outsider to her clan no less. As she continued to stroke her daughter's hair she promised to never deny her baby girl her heritage.

Kaiya was suddenly brought out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She sat up in her bed, moving carefully as to not wake her sleeping child.

"Come in." Came her light welcome.

Hiruzen Sarutobi, Sandaime Hokage, walked into her room as well as another person she was not well acquainted with. His tall and dark features gave off an almost intimidating aura, but she was much used to her loves aura to be bothered by this man's.

They walked in her room and situated themselves in different areas. Lord Third was at the foot of her hospital bed, dressed in his Hokage garments. While the other male stood in the far left corner of the room, silent and observant.

"Hello Kaiya, this is Fugaku Uchiha, head of the Uchiha clan." The Lord Third motioned with his hand a small introduction of the man.

"Good day to you both, what can I help you with Lord Third?" Kaiya bowed her head in a polite greeting, since she was unable to properly bow to them in her condition.

"You and your daughter have lived in our village for almost two years now, and you have helped us thrive and prosper with your knowledge of seals and as a ninja. But something came up that has caused unrest, concerning your daughter." Hiruzen explained in his calming tone of voice.

He didn't want to send the woman back into a coma of sorts. He was well aware of her health, but she was a strong woman to become a ninja in her condition. Granted he tried to always talk with her soothingly to keep from any medical situation arising.

"What did she do? She told me that she was going to go pick some flowers, but if she did anything wrong I will find a suitable punishment for her if need be." Kaiya already worried that her daughter found trouble again, and tried to quickly make amends.