Chapter Five

"Mommy why are people in wars? Why can't everyone just be friends? If they hate each other, then just don't talk to that person!"

"It's so much more difficult than that my little dragon." Kaiya picked up Reina and brought her to the couch.

She sat them across from each other and tried to explain everything to her curious daughter.

"Now for every good thing that is out there in the world, there is also a bad thing out there-"

"But why Mommy!?" Reina whined irritated already.

"Let me finish and maybe you will understand." Kaiya gave her daughter a tiny glare for the interruption. "Now as I was saying, for every good thing there is a bad thing in the world. The same is said for people, but they are not all born bad. Everyone is born good, but the choices we make decides if we want to be good or not. Say we didn't have enough money for me to buy all of your favorite foods. Now I could either get as many ingredients as I can with the money and not have all of your favorite food. Or I can steal all of the ingredients to make your favorite food, which one makes me a bad person?"

"Stealing food!" Reina nodded her head.

"That's right! Now not all people think that way, and so that leaves us with good people and bad people. Although some people act bad, but they are really good people, life just didn't let them have a good choice to make. Now when you have good people trying to tell bad people what they are doing is wrong, that's how a war starts. Two different ideas clashing the only way they know how, by fighting it out until one side wins."

Reina tried to absorb all of what her mother was trying to explain to her. She thought that her mom made it easier to figure it out, but there was still a bunch of questions she wanted to figure out.

She looked up at her mom and she could tell that she was worried about something.

"Mommy can you teach me more cool stuff?"

"They are called Jutsu Reina." Kaiya smiled at her little girl and began to walk to their backyard.

"The cool stuff!" Reina happily cheered following her mother.