Chapter Six

The Day After, Denial/Isolation:

Reina was sitting on the couch of her home, the one that faces the front door and the window next to it. She stared at the door, not looking away unless necessary.

Her mom, came up behind her and placed her hand on her daughter's head. Trying to offer her baby girl comfort, but all she got in response was the cold shoulder.

She removed her hand and wondered how it would be different if Reina's father was here to help her with this. Would he know what to say to her? Would he be able to guide their daughter through the process of grief, that Kaiya herself still dealt with to this day? Did she just need the comfort that only a father could truly give?

"Reina you need to eat, you haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I know you are hungry my little dragon." Kaiya softly uttered, as she stood behind her daughter praying to get a response this time.

"I'm okay, I'm just going to wait for big brother Bito to come home. I'll be in my room." Reina muttered as she got up from the couch and slowly walked up the stairs.

Two weeks after that day, Anger:

Kaiya, was about to leave for a mission when her doorbell rang. She walked to the door, as she adjusted the pouch around her thigh. Upon opening it, she spotted Minato and his wife Kushina.

"Thank you so much for watching Reina for me. I honestly wasn't going to take the mission, but thank you again for this. I didn't want someone Reina didn't know to watch her. Especially with everything that has been going on with her lately." Kaiya's eyes started to get watery, but before she could shed a single tear Kushina wrapped her in a hug.

"Don't worry, everyone goes through the process, some just take more time than others. And of course we would watch Reina, you two are family after all. Now you go and complete your mission, we will take care of Reina." Kushina let her go and gave her a nudge out the door, after they had walked in.

"Okay thank you again!" Kaiya waved before she took off towards the village gates.