Chapter III

July 11th

Guren's breath swung rapidly as he searched the district carefully.

The stained piece of hair was his only clue, a minuscule one at that.

Hurry

He thought to himself

Find Shinya

A loud noise coming from an abandoned warehouse caught his attention and he sprinted towards it.

Cries resonated for a few seconds but were silenced shortly afterward.

Come on Shinya

At least give me a clue to where you're hiding

In the end, Guren gave up and returned back to the army's base. There, Shinya grinning his cheeky smile, sat waiting for him.

'Where were you Guren?' Shinya chattered as Guren pointedly ignored him.

He kept pestering the irritated captain until Guren finally exploded.

'I was looking for you, you idiot!' Guren glared at Shinya

Shinya smiled uncomfortably, 'I was here all along Guren, don't be silly!'

Guren raised his eyebrow skeptically, 'Sure, you weren't messing about with rogue vampires again?'

'What are you talking about? I never do that!' Shinya pouted.

'Mhmm...' Guren had been out searching for Shinya for a couple of hours and was quite starved and rest deprived.

As he walked into the large communal kitchen at the base, he turned on the water filled kettle and started to toast some bread.

'So...' The silver-headed gun holder dragged the word out. 

'So what.' Guren said, still rather annoyed at Shinya for making him waste effort and time to find him.

'So, are you free this Saturday?'

Guren didn't reply for a moment.

'Sayuri asked me to go shopping with her.'

'Oh.' Shinya dipped his eyes for a second, 'Nevermind, what about the Saturday after.'

Guren thought for a moment.

'Fine then.'

Shinya looked pleased, 'It's a date then!'

'Oi, where are you going?'

Shinya looked back, 'I was supposed to finish the forms for the new machinery supplied to the Hiiragi family, Kureto is going to be angry with me if I don't.'

'You've been busier than usual lately, Kureto is giving you too much work.' 

'It's alright, besides the faster I get it done, the more time I can spend with you!'

'Idiot' Guren sighed as his overly excited friend walked away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks later...

Where's Guren?

Shinya had arrived at their arranged spot on their supposedly 'friendship' date.

Maybe he's hiding

The silver head glanced around, searching for that familiar head of hair.

He did say 12:00 pm to meet up

Another look around the area

Where is he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GUREN

Sayuri begged me to attend a group party with her. Looking at my watch, I could tell that it was already past the time arranged to meet with Shinya.

Oh well

He'll head back by himself

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHINYA

It's starting to rain

Heavy torrents of rain began to rush down, the sky darkening at a lightning speed

Where is Guren?

Shinya was shivering uncontrollably

And there's no shelter around

He spotted a nearly bare tree

Better something than nothing

Shinya ran towards the tree.

Exhausted from waiting, he slid down the trunk and wrapped his arms around himself, trying to retain his body heat.

Come on Guren

Where are you?

The drained silver head dropped his head down between his arms.

Where are you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have time, comment and vote- I like getting feedback :)