Chapter 13

[A/N: slight warning because things get a little heated during this chapter. ;) ]

Upstate New York, Summer III

Technically, Lauren and Camila didn't leave until the next day. They spent their last day on the farm exploring the vast landscape. Marielle packed them a picnic lunch, telling the two to go have fun while she stayed home with the new baby. Camila took Lauren's hand as they left the house and Lauren didn't even care who saw. She wondered if it was possible to die from happiness. The two walked about a couple of miles away, climbed hills, chased birds and took in the scenery. Neither could've asked for a more beautiful day. The sky was crystal clear with only trace clouds in the sky. When it got to be around noon, with the sun high above them, they sat in the shade of nearby trees and opened up the basket. Marielle packed the two of them chicken salad sandwiches, some strawberries and grapes as well as two bottles of homemade lemonade. They ate with smiles, glancing at one another as if it were the first time they'd ever really looked at each other. Camila had some bread crumbs on the side of her face and Lauren reached over to brush them away. Camila didn't know what was going on and kissed the tips of her fingers as they wandered close. Lauren laughed and the younger girl wasn't sure if she had ever heard anything quite so melodious.

"Camz, I'm trying to clean your face." Lauren said, trying again. This time Camila bit gently on her fingers, flicking her tongue across the pads. Lauren laughed again and leaned into kiss her. She put her hands on either side of Camila's face, taking the opportunity to brush the crumbs off while the girl was distracted. When they parted, Camila grabbed the lemonade and took a swig. As soon as she swallowed, she grabbed a grape and put it up against Lauren's lips. Lauren looked Camila in the eye and took the fruit into her mouth as well as Camila's fingers. Camila's breath caught in her throat as she felt Lauren lick her fingers clean. She pulled away, suddenly shy. Lauren looked on smugly and Camila noticed her expression. She stuck out her tongue.

"Careful, someone might bite it off." Lauren warned. Camila leaned over quickly and kissed her hard, all but shoving her down onto the grass. When she pulled away, it was Lauren's turn to be flustered. She opened her mouth to say something but all that came out was the most adorable little squeak. Camila burst into laughter, covering her mouth with one hand.

"Sh-shut up." Lauren demanded, sitting up straight. "You surprised me, that's all."

"I love you so much." Camila said, scooting over and resting a hand on her thigh. Lauren "humphed" and folded her arms, turning away. Camila seized this opportunity to nibble at her exposed ear, sending chills up Lauren's spine.

"Oh you are so asking for it." Lauren stood up, pulling Camila with her. She slammed Camila against the nearest tree and Camila gasped in both pain and surprise as the bark scraped her back. Lauren sucked hard on her neck and the girl's grip on her shoulders tightened.

"Laur..." She moaned. Lauren raised and eyebrow and pulled away.

"That's all you're getting." She said, taking a step back. When she saw the damage she had done on Camila's tan skin in a very visible area, she grinned. "I do good work."

"Hey!" Camila exclaimed, clasping a hand over her neck. "What if Marielle sees?"

"You got mauled by a squirrel." Lauren replied, gathering up the remaining food. Camila huffed.

"You're just lucky you don't bruise as easily." She pouted.

"You'll get it one day." Lauren said.

"Stop eating so much iron! Then I'll get it!" Camila retorted.

"Uh huh, sure." Lauren said. By now the basket was packed and she stuck out her hand for the other girl to take. Camila pouted but slipped her hand into Lauren's. The two walked up the next hill and sat down on top of it. Camila leaned her head against Lauren's shoulder.