007

Ashley is sitting on her desk while talking to Brendon, her head tilting a bit back as she laughs. Everyone is talking to someone while I'm writing in my notebook. I learned the hard way that I wasn't meant to have friends. I can only empty my head onto paper when it's too full to deal with.

What can I say? It sucks being me.

Just then, the door opened and someone walked in. "Uh, this is detention. Right?" In his point of view, it looks like a regular class taking advantage of a substitute.

"Yep. Sign your name and go take a seat," Mr. Way says as he nods his head at the clipboard. He wears a pair of worn out jeans and a simple shirt with one strap of his book bag slung over his shoulder. Only my attention is still on him. Everyone else is back to talking to each other.

"So you're officially filling in for Ms. Booth?" I hear him ask.

"Yep. I'm not a substitute anymore. I'm officially your AIS teacher and I take care of detention."

"Cool. I guess some good did come out of Ms. Booth getting hit by a car." He walks toward the back and sits a desk away from me. I shift my gaze back to my notebook, but can't help but to look back at him. He opens his book bag and takes out a book to read.

He looks at me and notices that I was staring. I quickly look back at my notebook, mentally cursing at myself. He probably thinks that I'm a weirdo. Great. I notice his little smile at the corner of my eye as he opens the book.

After a few seconds of me writing, I felt like if someone was watching me. I look at the boy next to me to find him quickly looking back at his book.

So we're both curious about each other.