011

We all sit in silence as Mr. Iero stares at the people who surrounded Patrick in the hallway. He definitely hates bullying and violence.

"You three," he says with an angered tone, "are suspended." The three of them scoff and exclaim out in defiance. "This isn't the first time I've seen you three bullying people, especially Patrick." He throws three envelopes at them. "Leave."

"My father is a lawyer," one of them says.

"Good for him. Now leave so that way I can call him and tell him why you're not coming to school for two weeks." He glares at Mr. Iero before all of them leave the room and office. "What's your name, young man?"

"Pete Wentz."

"Well, Pete, I'm wondering if I should suspend you for a few days." Patrick's jaw drops.

"But Mr. Iero! He stopped them!"

"I looked at the camera. I am so happy that you stood up for Patrick. But the way you kept punching Adam... (I couldn't think of a name so I remembered that one vine) it was like you lost control." He's not wrong.

"Please don't suspend him, Mr. Iero. I'm begging you." I look over at Patrick to see his pleading face and clasped hands. He cares that much? "Please." Mr. Iero looks at me with bored eyes, clearly wondering what he'll do.

"Fine. But I better not catch you in another fight."

"Thank you," I say.

"You two are dismissed." We stand up and head for the door. "Actually, Pete. Do you mind if I talk to you for a moment?" I look at Patrick before walking in front of his desk. When Patrick leaves, he looks at me. "What is your relationship with him?"

"I guess you can say that we're friends. We sometimes talk to each other." He nods his head. "Why?"

"You must really care about him for fighting them. Do you guys have the same classes or hang out after school?"

"We just see each other in detention." I hope he doesn't ask why I'm in detention. I wouldn't want to lie to my own principal.

"Do you mind if you keep an eye on him? I honestly don't know why they pick on the boy. He doesn't defend himself and security doesn't always arrive on time."

"Of course." I already do. What did he think I was doing in the hallway?

"Good. You can go." I walk out of his room and out of the main office to find Patrick sitting at a bench. He stands up and walks by my side down the hallway. I glance at him to see him looking at me.

"What?" I chuckle.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing that concerns you." It's the total opposite.

"Oh. Well, I'm going to class."

"Let me walk you." I said that way too quickly.

"Y-You don't have to, Pete."

"But I want to." He adjusts his glasses with a smile and tries to hide his blush. Tries. "What do you have now?"

"English. My favorite class."

"I hate that class."

"Whatever. What about you?"

"Math. My favorite class."

"I hate Math. I guess we're opposites." I smile and wait at my class door. His class is right next to me. When he's at the class door with his hand on the knob, he looks at me. "See you in detention?" I smile.

"See you in detention."