11 PM

13 hours.

Once again, nothing.

I was on my laptop, watching old Mr. Meaty episodes on YouTube. It was an old Nick show that was really disturbing and I have no idea why they thought of showing it to children, but I liked it.

I watched the goth lady's hand fry for about the tenth time. The puppets shrieked and tried to take her hand out of the fryer.

I'd seen this episode maybe 15 times or something. It was only a couple minutes long.

Still, it was disturbing enough for Nick to never trust my tv choices again. I haven't been able to pick up the remote around him since I showed him this show.

And there was the subject of my friends again..don't cry. Don't you dare.

I sniffled and put on another episode.

Ten short episodes later, I looked at the clock on the bottom right corner of my laptop.

11:54

Almost midnight. Nothing.

And this time I couldn't stop the tears from coming, they all poured out like the water from a broken dam. I curled into the fetal position and sobbed into my hands.

This was definitely the worst birthday I've ever had.

In the middle of my sobbing session, I heard my phone go off. I quickly sat up and snatched my phone off my bedside table. I saw a message. I unlocked my phone so fast I didn't see who it was from, but I saw that it was now 11:59.

So someone remembered.