Chapter 11 - Zara

I can’t believe I actually fell sound asleep. And I never understood why people get cranky when they are awoken from sleep, that is until now. I wake up to hear troubled whispers. And that sends me bolting upright. The first thing I take in is Smith and his family. Smith is introducing his family to a bewildered Blaze. I watch Blaze’s expression, as he gets lost in thought. I know he is taking in Smith’s family, because as he thinks, he glances at each one of them. But his gaze stops at the youngest child. The youngest child is standing behind his father’s leg, not because he is scared or shy, but because he is uncomfortable in a new place. But that is besides the point right now. I shouldn’t be waking up to see Smith’s family, and in a harsher tone than what I intended, I ask,

“What in the Hell is going on here? Bubba, Zendaya, Smith, I really don’t care that you three messed up the plan, and the result is that you had to bring your family with you tonight. But it is, wait, what time is it?”

“4:50”

    I thank Blaze, and continue,

“It is 4:50 in the morning, I have never had that much of a peaceful sleep for the last 15 years, so having you all whisper, very loudly by the way, is not how I wanted to wake up from my slumber. Plus, not to mention, the fact that every person in this room needs to get some sleep. It has been a long day for all of us, so tomorrow, oh, I say around three in the afternoon, we can go into the full details about tonight.”

“Zara, I want to thank you for all that you have and are doing for our family.”

“Whoa, Smith. I am stopping you right there. I like you, you are a great man. But I have only known you for almost a day, we may be related by blood, but I don’t consider you family. Right now, you are just a client. But, there is no reason to thank me, I haven’t done anything. I am just doing the right thing.”

“Just because it is right, doesn’t mean people do it. More often than not, it is always the wrong way people choose. So I have to thank you.”

    I wave away his thanks.

“Alright, Blaze will gladly show our new guests to their rooms. We will get all get together later, in the meantime, this is your home now. Clothing is covered. So, welcome home.”

That is all I say. Then I turn around and head to my room here on the main floor. I change into my workout clothes. I put on my form fitting black cut out turtleneck top with short sleeves, black leggings, and my tennis shoes, also black. Then I put on my fingerless, black studded knuckles half gloves. With one last pull on my glove, I head out of the room, and outside.

Beast is on my heels, and follows me outside. Once I am in the backyard, I head towards my training course. Yes, I have a training course in my backyard, I have to keep in shape somehow. Before I begin any heavy training, I do 200, single arm, knuckle push ups, 100 for each arm. I also do some stretching.

I head over to the entrance of the obstacle/training course. In fact, my obstacle course has all of the challenges in Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Challenge, because he is the one that replicated mine. Of course, he asked for my consent. I agreed with only one condition, he had to change the name of the obstacle course as a whole. The name of my obstacle course, the original, is Gates to Hell, and it is highly classified, off limits. So the only way for Austin to have his tv show, is if he changes the name, and, well, he did. But I didn’t go into that part of my training course. I mean, most of the obstacle course is for you and another person.

And, besides all the challenges of the course is meant for the daytime. Yes, it is around 5:20 in the morning, but the sun hasn't even begun to rise. Instead, I head over to the boxing area.