Chapter 19 - Zara

I turn onto the side road that brings the 57 to her home. I don't believe my eyes. I left the single stall garage with only one person in there. Now the whole Scooby gang is there. Fred is obviously Bubba and Daphne is Zendaya. Smith and his sons are Shaggy and Scooby. Velma is definitely Smith's wife. And Avalanche is Scooby's cousin Scrappy. Avalanche bounds down the road and barks excitedly. Beast whines with excitement, too, wagging his tail. Everyone heads out so I can park. As soon as the car is stopped, the driver's door is yanked open. I unbuckle and as soon as I step out, I am embraced in a death hug. Literally. Blaze hugs me so tight, I can hardly breathe.

"Blaze, breathing is kinda important, I heard it helps you stay alive." I struggle to get the words out of my mouth.

Blaze instantly pulls back.

"Sorry. What the Hell happened to your face?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play stupid. The swollen bruise on your left cheek."

"Oh, that. I was punched."

Blaze balls his hands into fists. Shit. He is thinking the wrong thing. I wrap my hands around his fists and hurriedly explain,

"I was punched by OldTimer, not Cam. Actually, when that happened, Cam almost strangled Steve to death. Oh, and OldTimer has been fired from the Agency and I am pretty sure Cam is planning on making our station his new Headquarters. But that is just an educated guess. Oh, and I have the papers. An-," I don't finish talking.

It is kinda hard to when Blaze is kissing me. But it doesn't last long. He pulls away and gives me a smile, as he starts talking.

"I am not even going to ask you what is wrong, because I know that is a dead end. But before you continue, why don't we all head back to the house and make ourselves comfortable. That way you can explain everything."

"What makes you think there is something wrong?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe it is because you look like you are about ready to drop dead, or the fact that you only start talking fast when you are not feeling well."

"You are wrong. I feel amazing. I have so much energy, why don't we go run five miles?"

"You just proved my point, Zara. Your voice is oozing with defensive sarcasm."

"Whatever," I say as I turn on my heels and leave the garage.

He is right. I can't deny it. It's just, I can't remind myself of that fact. I, at least, want to make it to the couch before I "drop dead" as Blaze so eloquently puts it. Even then, I still can't do that, since I have to explain everything.

"Zara, what is the big rush?" Blaze questions in a half playful, half worried tone.

He is right behind me, so I can only assume the others are following behind closely as well. We are about halfway to the house. I can already tell, that I will not stay conscious much longer. I pick up my pace a little bit more, and without looking over my shoulder I answer,

"Well, to be honest, I want to get it done and over with. So, that is the rush."

I broke through the trees, and I have never been so happy to see that house in my life. I don't realize I stop and am staring at it, until Blaze wraps his strong, comforting arms around my waist and tickles my ear as he whispers into it,

"If you are in such a hurry, why did you stop?"

I turn my head to answer him, but I never get the chance. The motion of turning my head, causes a wave of dizziness to flood my head, creating a migraine. The kind of migraine that pulses right behind your eyes. I hold my head in my hands as I lose all my strength and close my eyes. Blaze's worried voice becomes far away to where I can't hear it anymore, as I finally let myself go to the blackness.