10

The wind was rushing through the pairs hair, Serenity looked at Justin's hand and bit her lip. "So um... can you tell me about your wife? You guys seemed to have a strong partnership."

Justin sighed, "No."

"Why not."

Justin rolled his eyes, "Jesus Christ... Why the fuck do you care? Honestly I'm sitting here with a liar, and a manipulator and you expect me to talk to you? "

Serenity was going to speak but Justin pulled up into an apartment complex,  "So this is where your mom stayed when she broke up with your father?" Justin asked.

Serenity nodded, "Let's go. "

The both climbed out the car, Justin held out his hand towards serenity, "Gimmie a key." Nodding she opened her back pack and pulled out a key with a green ribbon on it. Luckily, it unlocked the door.

They walked in, the house looking just like how It used too. This time though, more expensive.

"There's no way in hell dad left her money. Which means this is someone else's. He left this with or for someone."

Justin nodded, "Check the upstairs ill take the down... Just incase someone comes you have time to run. Since you do that so well. I'll knock three times on the wall."

Serenity left without a comment and walked into an adult's bedroom. In a mili second she went to the closet, gently pulling things off the shelf and opening the. Binders, Notebooks, folders but there was nothing in there good enough.

Justin on the other hand was on high alert, everytime he heard a car door slam he was looking out the window.

The fifth time though, it was something he should've been worried.

He was in the closest, throwing suitcases to the side and breaking them open. The moment he zipped the suitcase up the lock started to turn.

Justin ran into the closet and did his deed, he knocked three times and prayed to the good lord Serenity took the fucking hint and hid.

She did.

Her small frame slid under the bed, and held her breath as the footsteps stomped hard and grew louder. As she tried to cower more to her right she cam in contact with a silver and black briefcase.

Due to the cold of the case she let out a small whimper, causes the footsteps to come into the room. For a second in the doorway the person looked left and right, and the took a knee down ron there way under the bed.

Serenity rolled out and stood up briefcase in hand.

The man raised up and she was in contact with a tattooed man.

"Who the fuck are you?" he snapped

She stayed silent, and glanced to her right. The vase on the desk in her reach.

Grabbing it she stared at the tall man and threw it in his face, the shouting of the man signaled to Justin the Serenity needed his help. He jumped out of the white linen closet and became face to face with a women.

"Who the fuck is this?!"

Justin went to push her out the way but she held up a gun. "On your knee's kid. I will blow your fucking brains out with no regrets."

He got on his knees and made eye contact with sernity as she ran down the steps.

"Mom?"

"Serenity?"