Spiders Aren't Half Bad

The Doctors quietly stepped into the warehouse, it was surprisingly empty, and none of the lights were on. The Doctor took his screwdriver, and turned it on, a blue light illuminating both Doctor's faces for a short moment, before all the lights came on. He turned the sonic off again, the lights following, seemingly knowing enough.

"Okay. So, the lights do work. Why aren't they on?" He asked.

"Good question for another time," His older counterpart said. "But for now, I don't think we're alone.." He said, trailing off, and turned his sonic on as well, the lights quickly doing the same. He looked around, and saw something move. He pointed his screwdriver uselessly in its direction, and looked around once more.

"Bugs are safe.." He said, quoting what he technically said centuries ago, nearly inaudible and lowering his screwdriver as a large- more than large, it was enormous- spider crawled into the light. One of a few, even.

"That's beautiful!" He heard next to him.

"And terrifying."

"But still beautiful. But look at it! And I mean, It's totally wrong, no doubt. This should be a tiny house spider, but still, it's incredible." The Doctor was so in awe as he put on his black glasses, that he barely noticed the spider advancing dangerously towards him.

"We should go.."

"Yeah.." The Doctor replied absentmindedly, before getting ripped out of his daze in a similar fashion to the way a purple-dressed hand yanked him away from the spiders by his collar.

The same hand then reached into a pocket to swap the screwdriver for a portable flashlight, and the Doctor looked around to count all the spiders. A total of nine, all about a metre and a half in width.

"How did they get this big, though? They can't have grown from a normal size, so what happened? Genetic engineering? Enlarged by technology?" The voice next to him mused. He looked over to see the brown-dressed version of the Time Lord looking closely at the spider from a safe distance.

"We should look around." He said, turning away from the spider that no longer held his full attention.

"Good plan," The other said, flicking his flashlight in his pinstriped equivalent's direction. He shone it in his face, and in his past face- it was still a strange sight- and took off, investigating. The youngest of the two had gone the opposite direction.

"Tell me if you find something!" He heard, as he tripped over something hard. He shone his flashlight on it from the floor.

"I found something!" He shouted back. "And what a find."