Chapter 3

Elicia's POV

​ I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm went off today. I sluggishly got ready and trudged down the stairs. We left the house and drove to hell, I mean school. Thursday was only a little bit eventful, I guess teachers get lazy at the end of the year and don't feel like grading or giving tests. That's a mutual feeling for students so it works out.

​The only eventful part was that my best friend Lesley got really mad at one of our teachers today. Our teacher came into class hecka late and everyone was throwing things and screaming. Lesley screamed something like, "Seriously? I know you don't know how to teach, but do you not know how to tell time? Some of us actually want to learn here!" I'm just happy we were in 6th hour because that teacher, as previously mention, is not my idol.

​After school that day Lesley came over and we rode around on penny boards for a while. A girl that lived across the street that I usually refer to as "Blondie" came over. She was a 7th grader at our enemy school but she is still pretty nice. By the time it was getting dark, Kate (Blondie) was pretty good at rip stick and had only fallen once when Lesley kind of ran into her. Kate went home and then Lesley was picked up.

​ When I walked inside the house I heard,

​Mom: Are we really going to stop doing this? Is it really that easy 'cause it hasn't worked out in the past!

​Dad: We're being selfish! How do you think the kids feel?

​Mom: We're showing them what the real world is like and that life's not a fairytale!

​Dad: It is to Elicia! She's still a little girl Laura! She shouldn't be seeing us do this! We are tearing this family apart.

​Mom: It's torn about by the divorce.

​Dad: It's torn by us and we can't do this anymore. Goodbye.

​ So he left, he had already bought another house after the divorce but he was never really there. I've only been there twice but now I have to go half time with each parent. Fun (she said sarcastically). I walked up to my room without being noticed and sat on my bed. I started to write but then tears were streaming down my face. Tears are foreign to me usually. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I cried. But I am, badly. I sobbed into my pillow until I heard my phone go off. It was my personal reminder of my homework so I did my math really quick and passed out on my floor. My neck will thank me in the morning I guess. Night.