Pullin' the heartstrings

"He's stupid," Derek said referring to Nathan after she broke the news of her infidelity.

  "Hmmph?" Meredith groaned in confusion in Derek's half finished sentences.

  "He did what I did but then ran. He was wrong. You are amazing. I look at you in awe because I find the way you move, well. Meredith Grey. I love you." He leaned over in her lap raising her chin with his fingers pull her legs apart and on top of his lap. He held her tight in dread of what next would happen.

  "I'm sure you have questions. Rumors were floating because when I called Amy she called Owen and Owen called in to comfort Amelia but then Amy came to work and he had to tell the chief when he called. But basically news spreads fast. But when I was mapping I came home that night, remember? The government called me the next day. Saying they had something planned. I didn't know what but I wasn't the one who saved those people. I was on the plane and clear in Washington when they told me that things were changing. I told them I'd quit and they threatened me with the one thing I couldn't have taken away from me." Tears continually crowded  the eyes of Derek Christopher Shepard. He was so emotionally vulnerable that Meredith didn't need to hear anymore. She moved her arm's around his chest and squeezed. She inhaled his smell.

  "It's okay, I love you!" She pulled away and looked up in his eyes.

  "I sold the dream house." She admitted to change the subject.

  "You did what?" Derek pretty much screamed.

  "Your were dead-" she stopped, " I thought you were dead and I couldn't breathe! Hell Derek I moved to Boston for a year and cried myself to sleep. And while I'm at it I've missed you everyday and so you coming here now? It's ridiculous like I'm sure I'm in neurological shock because I don't think you completely understand the level of anger surging through my veins in the very hell worthy moment."

  "Let freedom ring." Derek said standing up and pacing from wall to wall.

  "Damn I've missed you Derek but I also have hated you, nothing will change what happened. But loving you is so much easier,"

———————————————————————————

A/N sorry for the real short chapter. i am currently editing every part so if you are confused its okay me too.