Tell || Part Four

Neji was irritated about what the goddess said about 'interesting'. He thinks that that goddess is a sadist and that she's making things awfully interesting for Neji. Scratch that, Hikaru. 

After the ramen dinner, Tenten and little Hikaru parted ways. Hikaru was upset. The night was cold and Neji huffed to keep himself warm. 

He was frustrated about what he did. It would've been better if Neji accepted his fate and moved on to the next life. Unfortunately, he was very selfish. He was so selfish, selfish enough to carve a new path, selfish enough to make it more complicated for anyone else. 

Tears started to fall down his cheeks. Frustration consumed him. It was easier if only he let his hand let go and be eaten by his destiny but what Naruto said...

Damn it, blame Naruto!  He thought, clenching his fists. 

It was Naruto's fault for telling him such things. It was right and it was wrong. Just like what Neji is undergoing. It was a trap. It was supposed to be easy but Neji decided to tie a noose around his neck. Genius. He kicked a nearby can in which he labeled to represent his loss. Even so, Neji swore to never succumb in the schemes of that goddess and he will not yield. He will prove to himself, the world and to anyone else that the path he chose was the right one. No, that the path he had chosen is the best one to walk back to home.

"Hikaru!" Hanabi called out as she stumbled out from their home, "Why're you late? Are you all right? Have you eaten already? Why're you soaking wet?"

Hanabi, still asking Neji about things as Neji thought, Is this how it feels like to have a mother to take care of you?

Whatever it was, Neji wasn't sure if he felt it on his past life

Neji sniffled and began to cry. He hugged his mother.

"Mama!" Neji cried, wiping his drippy nose with his mother's garment.

Hanabi looked at Hikaru. She smiled and carried the sobbing Hikaru on her arms.

"It's okay,"  she said soothingly, "The lightning and thunder won't hurt you anymore. Mama's here."

Hanabi carried him inside while he was slowly losing his consciousness. 

It's kind of awkward to have your little cousin carry you around like a rag doll. Neji thought. 

Even it was embarrassing, Neji didn't want to let go of what he was feeling right now. If he were to tell the truth, to tell them that he was Neji, his parents would be heartbroken or disgusted.  Either way, it didn't give him less guilt. It would make things complicated. Maybe he should just wait for the right time. But when is the right time?  Maybe Neji will only need to shut up about  it. Maybe his dreams were too unrealistic. Just like Obito's and Madara's. Maybe it's something unreachable than Mugen Tsukuyomi. What he did, for all he believes is something worse than the Tsukuyomi itself.

Konohamaru smirked as he saw the scene. It was very sweet. Although Hanabi's face expressed difficulty. He laughed mentally. Laughing in front of a Hanabi filled with difficulty is suicide. The woman can kill you with just her fingertips.

"Damn," Hanabi huffed, "My boy's getting bigger and heavier!"

Konohamaru took Hikaru from Hanabi's wobbly arms, "You know, sometimes, you shouldn't carry your burdens alone." He climbed the stairs to Hikaru's room admiring his own craftiness in words. 

"I just made a cool punchline! How about that, Naruto-niichan? It's awesome, kore! " His voice slowly faded as he took another step.

Hanabi knit her brows together.

"Wait, are you calling our son a burden? You've used your awesome quote on the wrong time." Hanabi sighed. Why is Konohamaru so clueless?

A frame placed on top of the shelf caught Hanabi's eye. It was memorable and lovely. Young Neji, Hinata and Hanabi stood side by side, beaming. Hanabi quite forgot about the photo. It was years ago and it felt like it was a millennium ago. Neji was still alive and newly promoted jōnin, Hinata, still shy and cinnamon roll-like personality and there she was. Hanabi. Just another one who was behind Hinata and Neji's shadow. But even if she was behind them, she didn't give up in making herself into a strong person. Due to her determination and talent, she is now standing as the clan leader of the Hyūga Clan.

Hanabi smile as her fingertips traced the rectangular frame. It sure was memories.

There's no way she'll let anyone tarnish her memories. Especially the ones she created with Neji and Hinata. 

Neji will stay Neji.

Dude, im sorry if its rlly short than the previous ones. I just want you guys to not destroy your eyes and have trouble reading long chapters.