Chapter One: Hawkins High

( IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN STRANGER THINGS 1 AND 2 THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE)

It's dark body looming over the building in a world of vines and dust, gravity touching the land, It's cold and distant. Hawkins Middle School. The strange arms like a slug wrapping around the letters.

But suddenly, the pink skin, unmistakable flesh of a human walked through the door, her bare feet on the cracked pavement, blunt brown hair trapped behind her ears, purple pools under her eyes, but the eyes themselves were the most vibrant blue, even in the dull world, they stood out. Her skin was cut and bruised, brown with mud.

She did not run from the Shadow Monster, she turned around and looked at it.

'Not yet" she whispered.

The flash of the newest camera to date floods the room, Will jumps back covering his eyes. The Maxxum 7000 in Jonathan's hand, his knuckles bright red from holding it so tightly.

"Jonathan!" Will exclaimed grabbing the camera, Jonathan laughed slightly and grabbed it back, placing it on the bookshelf. Joyce Byers rubbed Will's head kissing his nose, her lips pressed against the button nose. Jonathan hugged his mother warmly.

"Both of my boys in high school! It feels like yesterday when you could barely walk!" Joyce hugged her two beloved sons tightly, Will looked at Jonathan and laughed under his breath, the silent communication of brother to brother.

"Oh, I forgot something! I was going to bring Draggonne to Mike! He left it here" Will ran towards his room, hiking his bag over his back, he pushed open the old wooden door and walked in, his room covered with crayons and clothes.

Will grunted and began to throw his things out of the way, he dropped to his knees and began to search, He reached for his trash can and stopped. He began to feel cold, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up, he let out a breath and reached for the piece of paper in front of him.

The drawing of the Mind Flayer sitting in front of him, it's black sand body coming out through a brewing storm. He let his hand touch the paper, where a circle, a splash, of fresh blood lay.

"Will please hurry! You're going to be late!" He jumped at the sound of Joyce and scrunched the paper into his jacket. He walked out the door and towards Jonathan's car, dropping the wrinkled sheet in the bin as he strolled past.

'Nancy this isn't you, NANCY!!"

Nancy jumped up, she leaped up and leaned against her bead head, tears were rushing down her face as she held back the brown curls that once cascaded around her head. But since the nights forced terror into everything she saw, she stopped being her.

Nancy Wheeler broke, her hand covering the cries, hiding the sounds of pain.

"I'm sorry Barb. I'm so so.." her voice began to disappear as she realized she was sitting in her baby pink room, alone. She slowly got dressed, and walked out of her room, she took deep breaths, trying to cover everything she felt.

"Nance, Jonathan and Will are here, hurry up!"

Mike jumped into the 1971 Ford LTD Jonathan Byers drove and Nancy walked along the path. Jonathan and Nancy hadn't spoken much since the Snow Ball dance, Nancy had never known how to choose between Jonathan and Steve both young men she felt so strongly for.

She slipped into the car and smiled.

"Oh, I couldn't find the Draggonne figurine this morning, sorry!" Will laughed.

Eleven's hand clasped around Terry Ive's, tears threatening to spill.

"Mama, It's Jane" El whispered, her lip quivering, she kissed her mother's fist, begging for her to notice, for her to react.