Chapter 2: Under Control

"Go away, Go away!"

The grief of Bob Newby's death had struck the byers household with tremendous strength, Will Byers, A 15 year old boy, found himself swimming in sweat amongst his bed sheets, salty tears had stained the side of his face. Will jumped from his bed and looked around his room, he moved the saliva around his mouth to combat the dryness.

He slowly got out of bed, peeling the soaked sheets off his body and left his bedroom and went down the hall to his mothers, with a soft gentle knock he opened the door. His mother lay in her own bed, trying to keep her sobs quiet, she stared at the wooden paneling wall and began to cry harder.

"Mom, I keep dreaming about him" Will whispered, taking a seat next to his mother, she turned onto her other side to face him, wrapping her arms around him and kissing his cheeks.

"It keeps me up at night too, Will" Joyce whispered holding her son, looking at the glossy eyes he possessed. Will began to let tears slip once more, not being able to control them at this rate.

Joyce hugged him tight and kissed his head, crying as well.

"He was such a good guy Mom" Will said, the sobs breaking his sweet voice. Joyce wiped his tears away with her thumb and looked at him.

"Bob died in the most heroic way, and theres.." She began and then reached for Bob's camera that sat on her nightstand.

"There's no other way he would ever want to go, and one day, one day people will recognize his bravery and thank him. But at least Bob knew we all loved him"

Joyce tried her best to be strong for her boy, but in true fact she just wanted to cry and scream, because the cruel world just kept hitting her and her family.

"Bob Newby, Superhero" Will chuckled sadly, looking up at Joyce gently.

"Bob Newby, superhero" Joyce said back.

It wasn't understandable, how the mind flayer communicated to Jessica, it was almost like a jumble of languages, squished into one. But there was not a sign of confusion on her face, she understood it perfectly.

"She is strong" Jessica whispered back, the upside down's shadows consuming her face, the blue sky lit everything around her to a dim light.

The mind flayer began to speak again, his voice echoing with power, loud and strong. Jessica answered back, weaker than the last.

"I can't guarantee anything" Jessica's hands began to raise and she let her mind control her.

Hopper began humming along to the music, tapping his index finger on the leather steering wheel, the car drove along the otherwise empty road.

Eleven sat beside him, watching the ground fly away as they drove past, the speed astonishing to her, she began to try and count the mail boxes as she drove past.

But all of sudden, she felt her back doing straight, she was sitting completely still, her movements rigid.  Everything went to a blurry jumble, she felt the familiar drip of blood above her lip, the norm of her powers, but she wasn't doing a single thing.

Then as fast as it had come, everything went back to normal. She frowned and looked at Hopper, who was still bobbing along to his song. Meanwhile, Jessica just shook her head. She couldn't do it.

Mike, El, Dustin and Will are all sitting out the front of Hawkins High, sitting on the freshly mown grass, Dustin folding his homework into planes with Will, who is watching him confused.

"Has anyone seen Max?" Lucas asked walking over looking around, everyone shrugged, except Eleven, who was consumed in her own thoughts, staring at the ground. Lucas grunted in frustration quietly and walked around, until he spotted the wavy red hair and walked over. '

"Max! Max! Hey!" He called walking over, Max quickly covered her face and kept looking straight and Stacey and Stephanie, she kept chatting like Lucas wasn't even there.

"Hey wanna sit with us at lunch?" Lucas asked, tapping her shoulder, her back to him. Max cringed and looked at Stacey and Stephanie, who saw Lucas as an alien.

"Is there a ghost or something?' Max said, sounding completely unnatural, The girls began to giggle and Lucas, who had been practically punched in the gut, walked away. He looked on the verge of tears when he took a seat next to Dustin.

"Women buddy, too much trouble" Lucas chuckled slightly while holding back tears.

"No offence El" Dustin said, el nodded.

This time Max came to them. The gang were all sitting at a table in the cafeteria, when Max marched up to them angrily, a plate of sloppy mash potato in hand.

"Stop coming up to me Freaks!" She hissed, Lucas looked utterly confused and Will stood up.

"Last year we were nice to you and let you into our party, now you ditched said party and bully it!' Will laughed, Max looked taken aback, until she flung the sloppy dish straight at Will's lap. Eleven didn't like it, but knew she had to let it hit, knew she couldn't expose her powers.

Max also knew that and laughed.

"Couldn't help them E.T?" Max laughed walking back to Stacey and Steph, El suddenly felt what she felt in the car, and she raised her hand, rigid and straight back, ready to throw the potato at Max's head, trying to stop herself, when she fainted. Blood gushing from her nose and ears.

Mike quickly shook her and Dustin looked around, Max's ordeal hadn't attracted much attention, but El collapsing on the table had. Dustin began to hold her up, make her look conscious.

Will wiped the potato off his lap and got up. He searched around in his bag and pulled out a pair of sunglasses and slid them on Elevens face.

"Let's go!" Dustin hissed getting up, Will and Mike helping Eleven move, while Lucas kept his head down, about to cry. The rushed out the doors and straight into the classroom opposite.

They sat Eleven on the desk and began to tap her.

"El, eleven. Come on!" Mike said shaking her arm, gently. She was moving like a dead body, Mike shook her harder.

"I'll get Nancy and Jonathan" Will said, running back to the cafeteria. Dustin looked around and grabbed a box of tissues, and wiped the blood away from her face.

"Lucas help, I need a hand, it's still coming out" Lucas ignored him and began to sniffle, Dustin sighed and looked at him, he opened his mouth to yell in a frustrated panic, but instead took a breath and looked sympathetically at Lucas.

"Buddy, I know she's being horrible and confusing but I need a hand with El" Lucas nodded while Dustin kept wiping.

Suddenly Nancy and Jonathan burst into the room, panic spread across their face.

But as Dustin, Mike and Lucas looked away, Eleven woke up, as Jessica let go.

"What happened?" Jonathan asked huffing.

"Nothing" El said.