Chapter 2

Let's just say my mom wasn't impressed. Judging by the subtle look of disappointment she's giving me, I'll be lucky if I keep my canines. No joke.

She walked past our table, completely ignoring me. I guess I'm getting the silent treatment. Not that I'm complaining; this way I don't have to listen to her pointless lectures.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, I mean she is the woman that raised me, but we just have a different point of view on things. These days it's a gift if there is a female child in the family and if there is, she is treasured as a porcelain doll. My mom was no different with me. She wanted to raise a nice, obedient female, but she instead raised a warrior without knowing it. Watching her as I grew up, I realized that I didn't want to live my life like her, I wanted to be independent and not relay on my family as much as she does. She is like a shadow standing and hiding behind my father. Apparently, a wish to be independent was too much to ask for.

Lucky for me, I had my father and brother who taught me everything I needed to know. My mom had no clue about it.

One point for Allaryce.

After dinner, I went outside to search for my friend, Dylan. Dylan and I know each other since we were babies. Our parents are good friends and of course that led to us always being together. Although I think my parents thought that Dylan and Cade would be best friends. I mean, they are good and all, but for some reason it just didn't turn as they thought it would. Dylan and I spent more time with each other and Cade found his own group of friends. Everyone thought Dylan and I are going to be mates, but it didn't turn out like that and I'm honestly glad. In our relationship there was nothing more than friendship and the proof for that was when Dylan and I proclaimed ourselves siblings.

In our pack, when and if a wolf thinks that he or she has a special relationship with someone, they can go to the Alpha and Luna and ask them if they could proclaim their relationship with a chosen person in public, whether it was mates, siblings, or if they want to adopt someone as their pup. From there it's Alpha's and Luna's decision to decide if the two or more are compatible and if the said relationship would work.

So, that's how Dylan and I became non-blood related siblings and it is our job to look out for each other. Soon after that, Dylan found his mate, Diane, and I couldn't be happier for him.

As I was walking down the path to his house, I got tackled to the ground by someone.

''As a new and only female warrior, you're kind off helpless you know? Couldn't even protect yourself from the big bad wolf.''

''Oh, shut up you stupid pig. The only reason I didn't break your arm right now is because I am feeling generous today.'' I said while looking at my best friend as I pushed him off of me.

He sat beside me and turned to me with a grin.''I'm really proud of you Elle.''

''I can't even count how many people told me the same thing today. It got kind of boring. Tell me something else.''

With a laugh he continued: ''No really Elle, now we can train together, isn't that awesome? My little sis is now a warrior. Although, I am a little sad that I can't act all brotherly protective and beat all the crap out of people that annoy you. You can save your own ass now.''

''Oh, come on, I've always saved my own ass, yours too. But now that I'm officialy a warrior, I have a right to do so. Before I wasn't allowed to lash out on stupid people.''

''Elle, you're still not allowed to lash out on stupid people. You're supposed to protect the pack, not beat the shit out of everyone.''

''Yeah, sadly.''

After a moment of silence, he got up and offered me his hand. I really don't like when people do that. I can get up by myself, thank you very much. Dylan knows that and he's doing it on purpose. I dodged his awaiting hand and got up without his help. He acted hurt but I saw a little grin on his face. Stupid prick.

He turned to me: ''Now, I think there's a special person who wants ice cream''

That lifted up my mood in a second.

''I think I know that person'' I said with a smile. ''Now, peasant, take me to the ice cream shop''

''Gladly. We will have to make one stop to pick up my beautiful mate and then we are on our way to fulfill your wishes.''

With a giggle, I hopped onto his back and leaned my chin on his shoulder.

''Ow, you have a pointy chin'', he said with a wince.

I smacked him on the head. ''Stop talking, let's go.''

''Alright, alright'', then he muttered something about me being a ''demanding woman''

.....................

After picking up Diane, we went to our favorite ice cream shop in town. We go there so often, I think the workers there know our whole life story.

Diane is probably the only female friend I have. Growing up, I was always surrounded by my brother and his friends, and of course Dylan (you can't escape him), so making female friends was a little new to me. I have to add that a lot of she wolves didn't like me and a majority of them still don't. I never discovered why, but it's not like I'm missing out on something big. I'm perfectly fine like this. Honestly, having Diane as my friend is enough. She can be a handful.

We spent our time catching up and laughing and embarrassing Dylan who was sitting right next to Diane, acting mad. He couldn't stay mad long though, he loves us too much.

I am really glad I don't feel like a third wheel when I'm with them. It happens sometimes, though, but I guess it's natural. It makes me think about my mate sometimes. Not that I crave extra attention, but it would be nice to have someone to care about you on a different level than family love. But that's just sometimes.

I like these kinds of evenings with my friends and I wish I didn't have to face my mother's wrath when I get home. I'll just hope I'm still getting the silent treatment. Or I can put something in her tea to make her fall asleep.

No, dad will be pissed if I do that again.

I guess I just have to suck it up. That's easier said than done.

As I entered my house, I silently prayed my parents have gone to sleep. As I was sneaking into my room, I saw my mother sitting on my bed, waiting for me.

Well shit.

.......................................

Author's note:

I should probably mention this- I'll update once a week.

I am a naturally lazy person so I hope this will keep me on track. Otherwise, I would never update.

Oh yeah, hope you like this story. Feel free to comment and correct any grammar mistakes.

Lots of love,

Special Snowflake <3