Ever After Chp. 1

Ever After

Chapter 1

The shower water poured down on me one typical Monday morning. I could barely hear the bubbly Thoroughly Modern Millie soundtrack playing in the background from my phone.

"Another boring day again", I thought.

I loved taking showers because it's like drowning out the world. Literally. It's like your own little watery escape. No one to bother you or pester you.

"ABIGAIL IT'S 6:30! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE! STOP FOCUSING ON GETTING READY!", said my mother.

Ha, no one to bother me? I spoke too soon.

I hate when she does this. She knows it takes like forever for a typical teenage girl (well preferably "young adult") to get ready. Okay..let's face it, I really am just a 15 year old girl who likes Starbucks, Uggs, Nicholas Sparks movies and, well...fitting in.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!", I yelled down the stairs

What a great way to start a Monday.

I quickly hopped out of the shower, dried my hair, and threw on some yoga pants and a t-shirt. People are allowed to look crappy on Mondays, right?

I heard a bus roaring in the distance. I never ran down my stairs and out of my house so fast in my life.

Thankfully, I got to the bus just in time.

I hated the bus. It was as crowded as Victoria's Secret when they have a sale on bra's (I would know; I've been there plenty of times). But this was no Victoria's Secret, just a bunch of sweaty hormonal teenagers smushed together going off to one of the worst places in the world: Triberly High School.

I can not WAIT until I can drive myself to school. I don't wanna take this raggedy old hunk of junk to school anymore.

The bus came to a screeching halt at the front of the school. When I got off the bus, I noticed a new guy walking off right behind me. He had been on my bus the whole time....how did I not notice him?! He's SO attractive. Like, Channing Tatum attractive.

Right before I grabbed the handle to the door, a hand grabbed it. It was his. He said, "Hi, I'm Cameron. I'm new to this school, I noticed we're on the same bus."

Oh. My. God.

Is this really happening. There's a super cute boy talking to me. ME?!?! Of course the ONE morning this crazily attractive new boy talks to me, I look like absolute crap.

I stopped staring at his beautiful jawline long enough to say, "Oh, yeah the bus sucks doesn't it."

Why the heck did I just say that. WHY DID I SAY THAT. Abigail, of all things, that's what comes out?!

"Eh, it's alright", he says while shoving his hand in his pocket. He grabs his schedule out. "Could you help me and lead me to the D wing?"

He handed me his schedule and I took it. "Ohhhh yeah, sure sure."

We started our way inside. Everyone was staring at me funny. They're probably wondering why I, of all people, am walking a hot new boy to class. Let's just say, it's a rare sight to see a cute boy at Triberly. There's about 3 cute boys here. Well, now 4.

When we got to his classroom, I went to hand him his schedule back, but he said, "No, keep it." I looked down to see he wrote his number on the back of it. He smiled this huge shimmering smile and walked into class.

That is the moment that would forever be in my heart.