Ever After Chp. 2

Ever After

Chapter 2

The rest of my day was a daze.

I couldn't believe Cameron gave me his number....it seemed too good to be true.

So many questions whirled through my mind: Is he really interested in me? Is this a joke? When should I text him? Does he do this to EVERY girl....?

I was tired of getting my hopes up. Every guy seemed to turn out the same way: you start talking and they seem so sweet, maybe go on a date or two, and BAM! All of a sudden, HE'S A JERK AND TALKING TO A MILLION OTHER GIRLS.

When I got to my next class, which my best friend Margot was in, I told her right away.

"OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!" She said screeching uncontrollably.

I knew she'd freak out.

"TELL ME ALL ABOUT HIM!" She said.

I didn't know exactly what to say. I mean, I literally knew nothing about him. "Uhmmm....well you know about as much as I do, except the difference is that I have his number."

"WHAT?! Did he give it to you?"

"Yeah..." I said blushing uncontrollably.

"Well then you need to text him RIGHT when you get home!"

I know Margot has had waaaay more experience with boys than I have, so I decided to take her advice.

I got on the bus and immediately got bummed out because I noticed Cameron wasn't on; I figured he probably just missed it.

But actually...that's a good thing!

That gave me the PERFECT reason to text him.

I walked home, opened the door, and plopped down on the couch. I reached into my pocket where I thought I had put his schedule...but I couldn't find it.

The feeling that came over me was the same feeling you get when you don't feel your phone in your pocket. I frantically looked throughout my backpack and binders. It was no where to be seen. I was so mad at myself. How could I have lost it?!

Then, I looked outside. It was right outside my door on the ground the whole time. It must've fallen out when I took my key out of my pocket.

I ran outside, grabbed it, and typed it in my phone right away:

Heyy Cameron, it's Abigail, the girl on the same sucky bus as you lol. Did you miss the bus?

The second I sent it, I regretted it.

Did it sound too creepy? Did I seem too eager to text him? But then again -- maybe this was just my teenage mind overthinking as usual.

I kept checking my phone constantly (practically like every second) to see if his name popped up.

I was tired of waiting, so I went upstairs to get a nice, calming shower. When I got out, I heard my phone buzz in my room.

I threw a towel on, bolted out of the bathroom dripping wet, and grabbed my phone.

Cameron's name lit up.