Ch. 6- It's Not Funny

Who the hell does he think he is? Arsehole. 

She didn't look up from the bag but still spoke to him. "Yooo."

"Sorry, but I was talking to that hunk over there that I don't actually call my brother." Jingling his keys, he strode up the path leading to the door. At least he wasn't trying anything yet. I'll have to lock my door tonight. 

"Where were you? Who were you with? Why were you out so late? Or, why are you home so early?" I am tired and getting pissed with him being home. 

"Whoa dude, chill. I was at Eric's but his girlfriend came and the blues made me tired after they wore off so I left." 

"Right. Of course you were getting high as fuck at 'Foreskins' I should've guessed." 

"Hah. Yehhh dude. So where were you?" All of us were tired and I just wanted to get in bed. 

"Out." Bitchy tone there, self. 

"No reason to get snooty with me, mister." He put his hand up in a stopping gesture and I sighed. 

The door was finally unlocked and I slithered over to her. She was still eating slowly out of the bag and I sighed again. 

"This is good, dude." She smiled while chewing slower than a snail. Her arms wrapped around my neck and I carried her like a kid into the house. The door slammed shut and I asked her what part of the house she wanted to sleep in. 

"King's room." Her hand covered her mouth to hide her smirk. 

"It's not even funny. He's an arse." I imagined myself collapsing and sleeping on the floor where I stood. 

"But he's sooo hot." She relaxed and felt like dead weight. 

"I am about to drop you if you don't work with me and if you talk about him again." There was a serious sound in my voice and I'm glad because she would not listen. No reason to be proud, but I was. 

"Fine. Your room then. I want a real bed, I sleep on too many couches too often." 

The stairs looked steep from down here but I think I can do it. We slowly made our way up; me carrying her bridal-style, her eating out of the bag again. When we reached the top I nearly fell down because she jumped from my arms. She bolted into my room and leaped onto my bed. This situation was already uncomfortable for me and I regret not bringing her to Steph's. I could take her now but I am incredibly tired and hungry. No way in hell I'm carrying her a few blocks more. 

 "You're bed is nice. Way better than a couch." She smooths my sheets and fluffs my pillows. 

"It's okay, I guess." I shrug, "Will you finish your food now?" The bag is placed onto the bed and I lazily take pajamas for both of us out of my dresser. I toss her a shirt and shorts then leave to change. 

"Where are you going?" Her eyes went from sleep deprived to pouty and sleep deprived. 

"To change.."

"Don't you remember what you said earlier in your rant?" 

"What?" 

"You said that friends should be able to walk around in their underwear with each other."

How the hell does she remember that? She's pretty much the talking dead. 

Then she says, "So strip."