Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Welcome!

Hi!

Oh my goodness...what have I gotten myself into?

I'd say that one of the most common comments I've received on the last chapter of Somewhere Else is "When are you going to write a third Elle and Jude book?"

Well, the short answer is very, very soon...2018 to be precise!

I've adored writing Crescendo. It gave my brain the break it needed from Elle and Jude, but now that it's almost done and I've been trying to brainstorm a new story idea, nothing is coming to mind other than Jude and Elle (I mean, did they really ever leave it?).

Here's the catch: I don't know how much interest there is out there for this now that I've waited about 6 months to write the third book, so here's what I'm going to ask: Add this to your library. Comment here if you really want to read this. I can't expend the brain power it's going to take to write this if there's not enough of you who want to read it. I know you wanted it 6 months ago, but do you still want it now?

This book would cover the time between the last chapter of Somewhere Else where Elle meets Jude back at his house after having been apart two months and the epilogue where Jude proposes.

One other thing: Please forget having read the epilogue to Somewhere Else. When I wrote it, the likelihood of me writing a third installment was so slim that I wanted to give you an ending that would make your heart happy and give you closure, BUT I can't write knowing I must end something in a very specific way—it just doesn't work like that for me. If I feel like I must end this book with the epilogue from Somewhere Else, I'll have zero motivation. I don't think any book I've written here has ended exactly as I originally planned, and I can't imagine having to satisfy a particular ending. Let things happen as they will; let us see where my mind takes us next; I hope you'll allow me to write as I see fit and trust the choices I make—sometimes I change things mid chapter as I'm writing them because I see an entirely new direction my story can take! I can't give up that creative freedom, and I hope you understand that.

Okay, this was super rambly per usual.

Here's what I need from you: let me know if you want this. I need to see that I have a purpose for writing and sharing these workings of my mind. Vote and comment and add to your library and share and just give me insight into either YES! I WANT THIS! THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT! or NO! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! JUST LEAVE  ELLE AND JUDE ALONE!

Should we decide to move forward, I should have the first chapter ready to go (hopefully) by the end of the first week of January 2018.

Love you all, always,
L

Ps. Should this be a major flop and not many readers want a third installment, I'll be crafting a new story...it just may take me a bit longer 😳 one day we'll find a solution to constant writer's block!

Pps. One other thing: I have no idea how long this will be. It may end up being novella length, it may end up being just as long as the other two. I don't know. There's a whole lot of uncertainty going on up in my brain right now 🤷‍♀️

Ppps. OH! Okay really, this is the last thing: I've exhausted my music library throughout Someone Else, Somewhere Else, and Crescendo. I considered just scrapping the soundtracks all together, but I know some of my readers really love them, so how's this idea: when I post a chapter, there'll be no soundtrack. Then, as you read, if you think of a song that fits what's going on, you can comment it. After every chapter I post, I'll look though the comments the next day to see which songs were suggested, and then I'll go back in and edit the chapter by adding three of my favorites. Of course, you'll get credit for suggesting the song if I choose yours! When I type in the soundtrack, I'll put your username next to the song you suggested in parentheses so people will know you suggested it. What do you think? :)

Pppps. Sorry. Just thought of this. I have two covers I've been going back and forth between. I love the one that's currently here because it's black coffee and Jude and you know the story. BUT I also have this one:

Which do you like better? Please let me know by commenting either original (the one that's already up) or new (the one above) on this part of the chapter and I'll swap if I need to

Which do you like better? Please let me know by commenting either original (the one that's already up) or new (the one above) on this part of the chapter and I'll swap if I need to. THANKS! :)

If you are reading this story outside of Wättpad, you are accessing an unlawful copy and are at severe risk for malware. Please continue reading at the only approved site for this story: https://my.w.tt/PYqlixpxPcb

Copyright 2021 (novelsandcoffee)
All Rights Reserved

This story (in part or in its entirety) may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form by any means except with explicit permission by its creator.