School For Heroes

Well, hello my friends! Guess what! AN AU OMIGOSH! Anyway, I figured, I'm running out of ideas for my other Klance fic, so I may just stop updating the other one, and work on this instead. I will try to actually finish this in 20- chapters, unlike Madness, my Shiro x Reader fic that's been going on for a while. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! (Setting is the school, extreme social segregation, go ahead and read!) Also, though you may not see the rest of the Voltron crew here yet, I promise they'll come in! (Also, SHIRO ISN'T LANCE'S DAD ok sorry I had to put that)

Lance's POV
Ah, how good it was to be royalty. Just having the best stuff put him at the top of the social ladder. This was the School For Heroes, a school where the royalty learned how to be heroic, and the most intelligent peasants became trusty valets, squires, and sidekicks.
His classes consisted of mostly high-ranking children, but for a 'good mix', a few peasants occupied the back desks as well. The one peasant he had in all his classes, though, was the lowest kind, a Docker.
Dockers, excluding this one, were usually heavily built, with coarse, dark skin and light hair and eyes, and lowest intelligence possible. This Docker, though, was obviously the opposite. He had dark hair and eyes, and his small frame was lithe but malnourished. His pale skin seemed washed out in the bright torches, highlighting the dark circles under his eyes creating a haunted expression, and to have been able to get in to the School For Heroes, he must have been incredibly intelligent.
Lance turned his uninterested gaze elsewhere. Finally, the Senior Heroes, Lance being one of them, would be assigned their sidekicks and and first Hero Task. Lance, having been updated on all the classified news, was hoping he'd get the Redblood Werewolf, a fabled monster who reappeared some days before. Only two petty Dockers were killed, but apparently Seers predicted that the wolf would be coming back.
"Prince Lancelot," The professor, Mr. Kelmwick, called. Lance straightened at the call of his full name. "Prince Lancelot, Hero," Kelmwick continued, "Will have the Redblood Werewolf Assignment, and will have the squire, Keith-Arthur Kogane, Docker."
There was a loud gasp. The only Docker in this class was the small one in the corner. Lance barely registered anything after that. He, a Royal Prince, had just been paired with the lowest of commoners, a Docker!
Lance rode home in a daze. Once his carriage had reached the palace, he leapt from the velvet cushions and bounded quickly up the steps. He entered the throne room in a flash.
"Dad," Lance announced, "I have some very important things to talk about."
The king rose from his throne and followed Lance into the corridor.
"What is it, son?"
"At school today, I got a sidekick."
"That's wonderful!"
"No, dad, that's not all. My sidekick is a Docker." Lance spit out the word like it was a curse, the vilest of all words. His dad's face morphed into an expression of horrified shock.
"What is your assignment?"
"The Redblood case. I can't work on classified information with a Docker!"
His dad frowned. "Well, I'd say, give him some trouble. He'll learn his place right enough."
Lance grinned wickedly. That Kogane nerd was gonna have one heck of a joyride.