Chapter 2: Training Begins

After the experience Ray had with Anna, he headed back to the castle. All the survivors, from his village, also came. It was almost night and it was time to sleep. Tomorrow was a big day for Ray, but he didn't feel like he was going to pass. Even though Anna said that he would do, he didn't think it was enough. The only thing keeping him from turning back is revenge. Later that evening,  everyone in the castle was invited to a feast. When he entering the dinning room, he saw Anna sitting by the King. Ray sat beside Anna cause she was the only person he knew, sort of. Anna didn't seem to mind so he didn't either. As the food was being brought in, the King sat patiently. When the food was served and the waiters left, the King tapped his cup. 
"I would like to make an announcement." He announced with his deep voice. 
Everyone looked at him and Anna made sure that everyone was looking.
"You may speak my lord." Anna claimed.
"Thank you Anna, well everyone I know you have been through a lot of trauma last night." He began. "But I can assure each of you, that you will be safe in these walls."
The mother and father from the carriage were happy, Ray didn't express any emotion.
"We would to like to inform you that we have a house opened for you Ruby and Alan." The King exclaimed to them.
The mother and father looked at the King with tears in their eyes.
"Thank you my lord." They both said and bowed.
"My pleasure." The King said happily.
The King then turned to Ray with a curious look.
"You're Ray right?" The King asked Ray.
Ray looked at the King and nodded.
"You want to be part of my army correct?" King asked.
"Yes highness." Ray responded.
Ray was confused how he knew that but went along with it.
"Anna has said that you might be the right person for it, so when you train tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye on you." He proclaimed.
"But why specifically  me my lord?" Ray asked him.
"Anna has rarely been interested in anyone to be my army, so I hope you reach her expectations." He responded in confidence.
Ray nodded at him and the King nodded back.

Everyone began eating their food and had a good dinner. After Ray ate he automatically went to his room. As he lied in his bed, he couldn't stop thinking what were Anna's expectations. It troubled him and sleep was something he couldn't do while thinking of what to do. Eventually, after a few hours, he fell asleep. When he woke up, the sun blinded him through the window. He realized what he had to do today and quickly got dressed. He was in so much of a rush he nearly tripped down the stairs, which could've ended really badly. He finally made it to the front of the castle where all the volunteer gathered. After a few minutes of waiting, a knight came up to a platform. 
"Only six of you will be chosen for this week." He announced. 
He then pulled a list and began reading off names.
"Alex, Allison, Drake, Brian, Debra, and Ray." He announced.
Ray was surprised that he was chosen of all the people there. There was easily thirty to forty people there. When everyone left, Ray walked up the knight and asked who his trainer was.
"You'll meet your trainer with this number." He responded while handing Ray a piece of paper with the number six.
Six knights walked out of the entrance of the castle with a flag with a number. Ray looked each of the flags and none had his number on it. The Anna finally came out but she had no flag with her. She then walked up to Ray with a serious look. 
"You're my trainer?" Ray asked her.
"I personally chose you, so prove that I chose the right person." She commanded.
"I'll try." Ray said.
"Don't try, just do it." She ordered.

Ray and Anna both entered an arena and the King was there to watch. The arena was fairly large but more length the width. A knight handed Ray a wooden sword. Ray then walked to one side of the arena and Anna stood on the other. Anna pulled out her rapier and pointed it toward Ray.
"Why is she not using a wooden sword?" Ray asked the King.
"This is her way of training her students." The King responded.
The King pulled out one of his hands.
"Ready, set, fight!" He ordered and snapped his fingers. 
Ray shook a little but ran toward Anna at full speed. Anna didn't look impressed at his speed and still stood there. Ray tried to swing for her side but she quickly dodged it and tripped him.
"Get up!' Anna ordered and kicked him away. He got back up breathing heavy.
"Tired already?" She asked him.
"I'm just getting started!" Ray yelled while smiled. 
He then ran toward her again and this time tried to hit her other side. She dodged and tried to trip him again, but he quickly jumped up and got to ground. He tried to swing for her feet but she also jumped up and kicked his face. Which made him fly into the wall.
"I guess it's already over." She claimed. She then turned around to walk away.
"Not yet." Ray said barely.
Anna stopped and look into his direction. He struggled to get up but still stood up. 
"You're a relentless child." She said.
"It may be, but I won't give up!" He yelled. 
Blood pored from his nose and rage grew within him. He ran full speed once more and aimed for her chest. He was swinging from both sides, she kept dodging each attack.  He then slashed his sword side ways which then she jumped back dropping her guard. He took advantage and charged at her. Her eyes widened and Ray smiled, He was about to get her, then he felt as if an arrow pierced his stomach. He looked down and saw that rapier went straight through his stomach. Blood came from his mouth and all went black.

Ray then woke up in a panic. He was breathing heavy and he was sweating. He looked around the room and noticed it was his. He took off his blanket and saw his stomach covered by long bandages. He looked up after hearing a knock and saw Anna. 
"Why the hell did you nearly kill me?" Ray asked angrily. 
"You were getting to close so I had to." She responded smiling.
"what, that's not true!" Ray yelled.
She began to walk away but stopped for a brief moment.
"Maybe next time don't force yourself on me." She said chuckling.
"Wait what?" e asked. 
She then walked away still laughing. 
"Anna!" Ray yelled.