Chapter 3

I found Olivia in the same position as she was yesterday. “Hey.” I call to her. She turns on her heels to face me and says the same back.

“How was yesterday?” I knew she was dying to know how it was with James she was forever teasing me about him. In fact most of mine and James year teased us about each other.

Maybe that was because we were forever flirting with each other. I never meant anything by it though; it was just how our relationship worked. I’ve seen him been like how he was with me with someone else so I know it doesn’t mean anything to him. At first he was doing it to wind me up.

I used to hate him. He was annoying, big headed and really did think the world of himself. He really irritated the hell out of me. Then we got put next to each other in science.

When I found out he was going to be my lab partner I moaned and he just laughed in my face knowing how much I hated him. “I’m going to wind you up all year.” They were the words he spoke to me as soon as I sat next to him.

I wanted to kill him already and I had to put up with him for a year.

As time went on I got to know him better and we slowly started becoming friends and I found he wasn’t as bad as I first thought. Yeah he was still annoying but that’s him, but he was nowhere near as big headed as I first thought.

Now, we laugh at how much I used to hate him. I didn’t know that he realised I didn’t like him that much but it turns out I was giving him evils. I wasn’t the only one either.

“On the train.” I simply reply.

“Okay.” Until the train came we filled it in with small talk all the usual boring stuff.

“Tell me.” She said as soon as we found some seats. She really couldn’t wait.

“Patient much.” 

“What!?” She asks all innocent knowing exactly what. I just smile and shake my head at her.

“So did you two confess your undying love for each other? Kiss? Make babies?”

“OLVIA!” I scream at her. I can’t believe she just asked me that but I wouldn’t go near James within a million years.

“Well if you just told me I wouldn’t have to jump to these conclusions.”

“Fine! Nothing happened and I don’t want anything to happen.” I said the last little bit more forceful to hopefully get it in her head I. do. Not. Like. Him.

“He has changed a bit though.”

“How?”

“Well he has better dress sense, apart from the fact he still wears hoodies. You wouldn’t like it more my style. But I think it’s in aid of a girl.”

“You.” She replies bluntly.

“What!? No!”

“Yes. Come on its obvious that he likes you. It’s your type of dress sense, he’s trying to impress you, I’ve seen the way he looks at you not to mention the flirting.”

“Yeah but I’m not the only girl he flirts with, he means nothing by it.”

“If that’s what you want to believe.”

“I don’t like him in that way. I just couldn’t” He’s just one of them people that no matter how much flirting or how close you are you could just never go out with.   

Olivia decided to drop the subject after this. She knew I didn’t and wouldn’t be able to like him in that way. Her words replayed in my head but I quickly decided to ignore what she said, she was only winding me up.