Chapter 15

The light switches on and immediately Jaz raises up out of her bed. Jaz, all the way confused, wipes her eyes and waits for her eyes to focus. All she sees is a body sitting on her nightstand looking at her. "What the hell?" she says in her raspy voice.

"Hola Jaz" Beyoncé says with a smile and just then Jaz eyes finally focus.

"Beyoncé this better be good" Jaz tosses her head back onto her pillow. "FYI-This is not how a booty call goes" she jokes as she throws her covers over her head. Beyoncé laughs as she quickly thinks back to the days when Jaz and her would have a few sexual encounters. If Beyoncé wasn't such a savage she's pretty sure Jaz and her would be a couple but on the low. Jaz is the daughter of the New York Times magazine and her family practically owns the magazine.

"As much as I would love to rekindle things Jaz, that's not what I'm here for" Jaz raises up on her elbow and looks at Beyoncé. She realizes that she won't be going to sleep any time soon.

"What can I do for you Bey?" Jaz looks over to her clock and it reads "11:45pm".

"Is your father is still Editor and owner of the New York Times?"

"As far as I know of yes" Jaz says in a whisper.

"Great! Grab your spare keys because we have work to do. Get dress" Beyoncé starts to rise but Jaz places her arm out to stop it.

"I need a little more detail Ms. Bey" Beyoncé shows Jaz a sneaky smirk and Jaz immediately knew that it was something.

"I'm going to destroy a man's life" Beyoncé politely smiles and it takes everything in Jaz not to smile. Being a sophomore at Brown does get boring so Beyoncé bringing this form of excitement definitely spiked her interest. In high school, Beyoncé and Jaz have definitely had their share fun with the New York Times and destroying a few classmates and exposing people. "What time does the paper go out?"

"Umm the first wave of papers start printing and go out at 4:35am"

"I say we go down to New York Times headquarters and change that front page story" Beyoncé suggest.

"Bey, its also 12 in the morning and we are in Rhode Island. There's no way we are-"

"I flew my jet here so there's no excuse. Jaz this has to happen" Beyoncé stands up and heads to the door. "Come on Jaz we have things to do" Beyoncé walks out of the door and Jaz sighs as she falls back in her bed.

"Why are my friends such savages?" she questions.

"We're upper east siders its in our blood" Beyoncé says making sure her voice carried into the room and Jaz just blushed at the truth.

Two hours later, Jaz and Beyoncé find themselves in the New York Times Magazine building with the lights still off. Jaz takes a seat at her father's desk and pulls up the layout for the paper that's due to print out in a matter of hours. "Ok Bey, who are we destroying?" Beyoncé takes a picture of out her book bag and places it in front of Jaz. After doing research on Carter, Beyoncé found EVERYTHING. Everything about Carter and his life and that includes the mug shot of Carter. "Who do we have here?"

"Carter, upper east side newest thug turned rich boy" Beyoncé rolls her eyes.

"Aww what happened?"

"Long story short he messed with the wrong Knowles and I have to give him the Upper east side welcome" Beyoncé takes out her iPad and shows Jaz exactly what she wants the front page to say and look like.

"Looks like you've done some thinking about this" Jaz jokes and Beyoncé shows her devilish smile. "Love this stuff. So high school but I love it" Jaz laughs. Beyoncé takes a seat across from the desk and allowed Jaz to work her magic. Now Jaz could get in trouble for changing front page news, however, the she could care less. If anything this new front page article will help the New York Times because so far Beyoncé has definitely EXPOSED Carter. EXPOSED news definitely sells papers. Jaz finishes the front page just in time for the print workers to arrive. Jaz and Beyoncé had to sneak pass the workers. Beyoncé puts Jaz back on the private plane so that she could go back to school and Beyoncé goes home. She doesn't even go to sleep, she stays up and holds her cellphone as she waits for the explosion that will happen.

EXTREMELY short update. You know I like spur of the moment updates lol.

What do you think will happen once the paper is printed?